PSA: Tame your bony birds while you can!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

PSA: Tame your bony birds while you can!

Unread post by Kurasu »

On the PTR, the undead looking birds are now marked as 'Undead'. Tameable Undead, but still Undead.
As the book hasn't been found yet, unless you're an Undead hunter, it may be a long while (if at all!) that you can actually tame one of these. So consider taming them on live before the new patch drops if you think you'll want one!

:
All tameable versions are now undead

So far, none of the 'ghostly' models have been changed (that I can find), nor any of the other bony-but-tameable creatures like the skull boars, plagued bears, and the like. However, if you know you're going to want one, it might be good to make a little space in your stable now just in case!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: PSA: Tame your bony birds while you can!

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ty for the reminder! I've already tamed on my nelf and am about to on my goblin, but I should go ahead and get one for my vulpera as well.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

After seeing this, I hope the maldraxxus beasts won’t be changed, if the tome is tied to the covenant, then I don’t know what to say, I still hope it won’t be a covenant related source, and I hope everyone can have a maldraxxus beast of their own, still tame up if you love those undead creatures
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm pretty sure that the only beasts being transformed are the actively undead ones. The stitched Darkhounds *may* be at risk of it (especially considering some are explicitly referred to with 'undead' terminology), but considering the skull boars and rotting bears are still set as 'beast' and not 'undead', I think all the rest of them would be fine. And the darkhounds isn't a 'definitely a concern' so much as 'If there's any one I would have some worry over, it would be them'.

I can't think that they would make an entire expansion where the pets are 100% untameable except for one race, unless the book is made easily available to all hunters before they enter that content.
Come see Kurasu's stables!