Stable Plans, Shadowland edition

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Stable Plans, Shadowland edition

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's a tradition for us to have a stable planning thread before an expansion, so I thought I'd start one, with the pre-patch probably a little less than two weeks away. I will break with our previous tradition of a stable pet grid, now that we have 205 slots! I just plan to list the new pets I'll be taming, and maybe make a cheat sheet for myself at the bottom with pet levels and zones and such. Off to start my personal post!

Edit: To easily show pet icons in your post, you can right-click on the image in Petopia and select copy image address; then using the full editor for posting, click on the insert image icon and then paste the image info.

Edit 2: Anyone have recommendations for a pet stable addon? I didn't mind paging thru six pages, but I think I'm ready for a new interface with this amount of pets!
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Stable Plans, Shadowland edition

first the new families:
ImageImageImage

new colors/models:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

old families I don't currently have:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

just because pets :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

and last but not least, ALLL of the BEETLES! I won't put the thumbnails :) I've already listed the maw roach and I already have three beetles right now, so that will be 16 more slots.

GRAND TOTAL: 65/140 new slots!

Edit: realized I haven't come up with a naming theme for this expansion, will have to think about that. added some of the older pets.

Edit 2: randomly decided to name the new tames after asteroids. finished up my tame list, and by going completely crazy with the beetles...I still didn't fill half the new slots.
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Since my main hunter has too many plans for new pets, I’m going to list the things I’m going to tame and collect for my forsaken SV hunter, Bootybone, weird name, but I did have fun naming my characters, it can be kinda pirate-ish or disgusting, but here’s my list
3735535F-BEC3-4370-8A94-152EAB7CAAAF.jpeg
3735535F-BEC3-4370-8A94-152EAB7CAAAF.jpeg (171.89 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
this skullboar will pair well with my current boar Hamhide, I can name this guy hamface or porktusk, or maybe better names
329ED8DB-23C5-4C23-BFBB-0CF80362D75D.jpeg
329ED8DB-23C5-4C23-BFBB-0CF80362D75D.jpeg (183.96 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
I know this is a bird of prey, but since it looks like a pterrordax and it’s not exotic, it will be my perfect undead themed pterrordax, either naming it Marrowdactyl or Pterrorbone
B9C49A87-CCA6-4793-A222-912DBAD8B318.jpeg
B9C49A87-CCA6-4793-A222-912DBAD8B318.jpeg (141.76 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
this is probably going to be named velocifossil or idk what to name it
AEFEBDAC-5468-4694-87D2-D912E804896A.jpeg
AEFEBDAC-5468-4694-87D2-D912E804896A.jpeg (146.25 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
I’m going to name this hound Dogbiscuit, I chose this guy over the infernal hellhounds because his animations are more doglike and playful
391CC98B-9AAF-4252-A4EE-E2641178EF49.jpeg
391CC98B-9AAF-4252-A4EE-E2641178EF49.jpeg (261.21 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
I am definitely going to give it a abomination like name, but I still don’t know what name I can brainstorm
9A1BA4F7-4FB5-4BD2-AD3C-B48359382C5A.jpeg
9A1BA4F7-4FB5-4BD2-AD3C-B48359382C5A.jpeg (179.76 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
I hope I can tame him at some point, this horse will pair well with my undead gazelle from felwood because they look similar in color, hopefully will name this horse Bonehoof
39F7B0D7-C128-4F44-942D-3E71C6F3BC59.jpeg
39F7B0D7-C128-4F44-942D-3E71C6F3BC59.jpeg (136.4 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
This tauralus looks very pale and dead, I will tame this one, or the green one instead if it’s added back, I want to give this creature a funny or a clever bovine name
A3570240-AEB5-45A3-9327-A6DFA60D69ED.jpeg
A3570240-AEB5-45A3-9327-A6DFA60D69ED.jpeg (149.65 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
this serpent is another good candidate for an undead pterrordax, not as close as the Death rocs, but this serpent is more dinosaur like than any serpent, i am thinking of giving it a fossil name of some sort, still unsure
C9A9CB12-D722-4471-B54D-F3CDA5093E57.jpeg
C9A9CB12-D722-4471-B54D-F3CDA5093E57.jpeg (200.55 KiB) Viewed 11731 times
I hope deepscar will get it’s black color since it’s the most dreaded one, if not I’ll get a green one, I want to give this guy a Hebrew name like I did with my diseased wolf since I’m Jewish, so I’ll name it Dead Dog in hebrew wording, still in English, I can’t paste it into wow, I have tried, hopefully blizzard will add more languages into the game
98F98956-7FDE-471A-AA39-29B1ED7C0E74.jpeg
98F98956-7FDE-471A-AA39-29B1ED7C0E74.jpeg (142.7 KiB) Viewed 11729 times
not a true undead, but this mawrat looks like it has been corrupted by bile making it a vile green, it has a skull for a face so it’s perfect for any forsaken, this can be treated like another hound, or I can make it like a undead puppy that likes to rest whenever I do nothing in game

I apologize if this thread is very long, planning on my main hunter will be so many tames, but my main hunter will get all the gold creatures in bastion, and everywhere else will be the colors I prefer to tame, this thread was the best to show my stable ideas to people with the same love for pets, and I did my forsaken since it’s themed and fun to think of what undead to grab
Last edited by worgpower on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unfortunately I couldn’t add more files to my first post, but I’ll write it here
E63A67E7-A04D-41E6-9DB9-46C6DB5AA9E9.jpeg
E63A67E7-A04D-41E6-9DB9-46C6DB5AA9E9.jpeg (146.12 KiB) Viewed 11729 times
This Dred bat or gargoyle bat is menacing in a way forsaken could have it, I chose the green one because it has a green that looks like it’s been fed acid or bile, he will still have a good bat name
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Heh. All the colors of the Cloud Serpents I can get my Pandaren hands on, most of the new Foxes when they become available. Going to go after a few of the new horses too! :D
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Talihawk wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:38 pm Heh. All the colors of the Cloud Serpents I can get my Pandaren hands on, most of the new Foxes when they become available. Going to go after a few of the new horses too! :D
I’m going to get a red cloud serpent, aswell as the black vulpin, the black woolly mammoth, and I’m mostly excited for the creatures from the maw and maldraxxus, and the gargons are a big need and want due to the self Rez and the healing bonus from its triggered defense
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

GormanGhaste wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 pm first the new families:
ImageImageImage

new colors/models:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

old families I don't currently have:

35/140 new slots :)

I believe that's all the new stuff I want at the beginning--will come back later and add in older stuff that I will be taming now that I have more space.

Edit: realized I haven't come up with a naming theme for this expansion, will have to think about that. added some of the older pets.
Im not big on the moths normally but that purple one is badass. Just not sure how its going to look in the game graphics wise but if its even close to the picture you have that is going to be an amazing look.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Thanks for starting this thread, GormanGhaste! I do love seeing everyone's stable additions.

I will only list the max level (or almost) hunters' additions:

Eadgyth:

ImageImageImageImage

Garshanga:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Lindorindel:

ImageImage

Rasariel:

ImageImageImage

Rosamonde:

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh I love this kind of thread! I'm always excited to see what other people are excited about.

Only one hunter at the moment! Current stable:

ImageImageImage

New pets:

ImageImageImage

Gunna replace my red crane with one of the new ones, and pick between some of the colors of the new stuff eventually. SO pumped for Bastion stuff which has my hunter's color scheme!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Hokuloa (voodoo gnome) - survival:

haven't made up my mind for fox color. A ghostly or supernatural looking coloration might be better, since I imagine Hokuloa as a shadowhunter. I'd prefer a brown version of the bat though, I might just stick with the one I have now.

Xotasitalin - BM:

Winged lion... It's nice they're in the game, but I'd prefer a more natural coloration, browns instead of teals etc. I've been playing in Maldraxxus, and I love the chimaera there. My fav model for them yet, maybe even more than the one that got erased from existance.

Lamaarq (draenei rangari) spec?MM I haven't leveled her yet on live, but I like the idea.

If there were glimmerflies with more natural coloration, browns or dark grays, I'd go for that instead. Moth will be named Pepper regardless.

don't know who gets them:

I know a couple of the tints haven't been found yet, but I really like them over the ones that have. I've been coming up with names for Tauraluses, but I don't think I'm going to tame any haha.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So you already seen my list and suggestion of pet names for my Forsaken-Undead themed SV hunter, now I'll show you all the things I am going to tame with my main BM hunter zone by zone, so here you go, I went page by page to list the looks

Bastion, had some hesitation deciding which pets, I went almost full gold because the black owlsteed is unused, and the gold phalynx is tameable

Maldraxxus, the blue hellhound is listed here because of the special anima effect it will keep, and it didn't take too much time choosing the colors

Ardenweald, theres not much I can find that I want in Ardenweald, hopefully the beefy gorms will be tameable

Revendreth, lacks many new beast models, could of gave new darkhound colors for this zone

The Maw, Not too many models added for tameability, I wish the pink mawrat could be tameable, and no tameable soul eaters which is a bummer

Previous Xpacs, looks unavailable due to level, and new tameables, and tome required beasts, was super excited to tame some of the things in prepatch, I am twice as excited to tame the new pets on retail, I can show them off in BGs and Raids

Unavailable models I am dreaming for, some for years, some since they've been recently datamined and shown

I am so thankful that Blizz increased the stable slots to 200, I can add more pets whenever I want, and some of the beasts listed here will be replacers for older models and colors
Last edited by worgpower on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm greedy, and I have my route mapped out thanks to stalking random twitch streamers and twitter accounts so I know where everything is and the most optimal route to grabbing them with the least amount of teleports.

I'm a teroclaw man at heart;

"Hurry up and find the book please" tier:

"Broken on the ptr and beta, fix it already please" tier:

"There is no excuse for why it's not tameable" tier:
(Insert Plant Hydra Here Because Wain Didn't Make Pet Pages For The Looks)

Not even used ingame, but I still want:

Honorable mention because it's our first tameable human:

Once I get my giraffe, I'm making a new image for my signature because I have always wanted the okapi-skinned giraffe.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Definitely add these to my list, if they were available, as I'd have them fast as I could. The bramble bear/cats (and stags and birds) should be tameable, they're different than the wicker dogs, which seem to be entirely constructs. The bramble beasts seem like a manifestation of those animals infused with death/nature magic. The Zandalari druid forms have tameable analogues, so it's not about hunter pets being confused for druids. The Drust Steles and Ulfar dialogue/description read like teases.

Maybe after the tame undead book is found, and/or if we go back to Thros (If that's resolved in the 9.0 storylines, please don't spoil). I already have a name picked out for the elk, "Ghost of the Forest", I just would have to figure out how to abbreviate to make it fit and still be readable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Xota wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:46 pm
Definitely add these to my list, if they were available, as I'd have them fast as I could. The bramble bear/cats (and stags and birds) should be tameable, they're different than the wicker dogs, which seem to be entirely constructs. The bramble beasts seem like a manifestation of those animals infused with death/nature magic. The Zandalari druid forms have tameable analogues, so it's not about hunter pets being confused for druids. The Drust Steles and Ulfar dialogue/description read like teases.

Maybe after the tame undead book is found, and/or if we go back to Thros (If that's resolved in the 9.0 storylines, please don't spoil). I already have a name picked out for the elk, "Ghost of the Forest", I just would have to figure out how to abbreviate to make it fit and still be readable.
I know it’s weird, but we also need mandagoras, they’d be a good fit for a new plant pet, I know wicker beasts are different, but to me are almost the same category, plant beasts, the wicker beasts have wooden limbs, and have leaves on them, since there are tameable mandragora that can’t be tamed, SL would be the best xpac for tameable plant creatures
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I've been pushing for plant hydras since I first saw em in WoD, day one of beta. It's a sin that they're not tameable yet.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:45 pm I've been pushing for plant hydras since I first saw em in WoD, day one of beta. It's a sin that they're not tameable yet.
I think leaving skeletal horses and gryphons untameable as a sin because a handful of undead beasts are added as tameable pets, we can have gluth, but not a freakin horse, or we can have a badass undead devilsaur, but not a basic skeleton gryphon, I believe one NPC is from dragonblight, hopefully we can tame those, because I want two of these beasts as pets, and as SL comes out, there’s a larger variety of undead to tame, plz gimme my bone horse, and soul eaters, they do look undead-ish, shadowy
Maor
Realm: Moonglade (EU)

Unread post by Maor »

I'm taking full advantage of the new massive stable size to go on a colossal taming spree, breaking my previous rule of only having one of each pet family. 9 birds of prey is now a perfectly sensible number, in my opinion. And while I know we're not doing grids, I may have slightly mapped them out in a form that might in some ways resemble– oh fine I made a grid. Sorry for the big image.

183 out of 200 slots filled. Some of these are predicated on the instance taming issues getting fixed, so may have to wait a while.

As an aside, while I was searching around the forums, I found this thread from 8 years ago. I find it very pleasing to see that with Shadowlands, six more of the beasts in the first post will now be tamable. (Just the grubs and nerubians left!) It's a big expansion for us pet fans.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm really looking forward to Bastion as well, Lupis. And Xota, I totally empathize about wanting natural earthy-colored pets.

No worries, Maor! Your image uses less resources than all of my individual links, I'm sure. I'm impressed to see someone with more tames planned than me :)

I've already organized my future stable pages, but I'm still in the process of making a list of names for my tames. I need to finish that up, so I can plan a pre-patch taming route--might need it Tuesday!