Lowest Cloud Serpent level

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Lowest Cloud Serpent level

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Besides the Wandering Isle, what's the lowest level you can tame a cloud serpent? I noticed the Petopia page says level 35, but I tamed the wild onyx serpent at 21 (could probably do at 20 since Kun-Lai starts at that level). Any others that could be lower level than what's on the site?

Also really hoping for the other colors to show up eventually, really wanted normal gold, green and azure.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Lowest Cloud Serpent level

Unread post by Wain »

MaximumOverdrive wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:11 pm Besides the Wandering Isle, what's the lowest level you can tame a cloud serpent? I noticed the Petopia page says level 35, but I tamed the wild onyx serpent at 21 (could probably do at 20 since Kun-Lai starts at that level). Any others that could be lower level than what's on the site?

Also really hoping for the other colors to show up eventually, really wanted normal gold, green and azure.
Thanks for reporting that. We changed most KLS mobs to be 20-35 but the Wild Onyx Serpent was missed for some reason. Fixed now :)

Please let me know of any others where the level is wrong, but that one at 20 is likely to be the lowest.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 am
MaximumOverdrive wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:11 pm Besides the Wandering Isle, what's the lowest level you can tame a cloud serpent? I noticed the Petopia page says level 35, but I tamed the wild onyx serpent at 21 (could probably do at 20 since Kun-Lai starts at that level). Any others that could be lower level than what's on the site?

Thanks for reporting that. We changed most KLS mobs to be 20-35 but the Wild Onyx Serpent was missed for some reason. Fixed now :)

Please let me know of any others where the level is wrong, but that one at 20 is likely to be the lowest.
I'll have to take a gander when I get a chance. When I mouse over the maps, it shows Townlong Steppes as 25-50, and Timeless Isle and Vale of Eternal Blossoms as 30-50, so possible that the serpents there are also those lower levels. When I get to 30 and get flying I'll have to take a gander at those other zones.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Crimson Firescales and Huolon are tamable at level 30 (Huolon is an easy find, as all rares seem to be up on the Timeless Isle). It's weird seeing the Sha of Anger up 24/7 in the Chromie time lol. I'll check the Vale next for Milau. I'm sure the gold black cloud serpents would be tamable at level 25, but you'll probably be way higher level by the time you get exalted with the Shadopan to get the quest they're in. I bet the Onyx Stormclaw is tamable at 25, but didn't make it over there to check.

Edit -

Random thing I've noticed after taming 3 serpents so far. The Wild Onyx will turn their heads to constantly look at you, including the second companion, but the Crimson and Huolon do not, even when clicked on.

Edit 2 -

Off subject a bit, but while flying around the Vale, I found Portent at level 30, but obviously untamable since he's an exotic beast.

Edit 3 -

Milau is tamable at 30, and also doesn't turn their head to look at you.

Edit 4 -

Onyx Stormclaws are tamable at 30 (they actually show up as level 29 when I got there). I have a feeling they actually start at level 25 since that's the zone's lowest level. They also turn their heads to look at you all the time.
Gregom
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Gregom »

I am going for https://www.wowhead.com/npc=139486/skycrack#comments on my level 20 , i think that its tameable as low as you encounter him? Am almost exalted with the faction so will let you know when i've tried finding him on a random Island Expedition :D
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Even though the newly tameable models (cloud serpent, ground snake, kunchong, and skeletal hound) are flagged tameable in island expeditions, they aren't currently tameable. I took in a level 20, and there were some ground snakes (also level 20). Beast lore showed them tameable, but I got an error message when trying to tame. Skycrack actually spawned that island, at level 22 (I'd leveled to 21 shortly before the mogu flew in). Just to be sure, I tried taming it, and got the same error message. (I do have cloud serpent training on my account)