Teal Vulpin

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rexy
Realm: Moon Guard

Teal Vulpin

Unread post by Rexy »

Hello fellow hunters,

So one of the main pets I was planning to get asap was the teal vulpine, but I see since Shadowlands has gone live, the ones out in the wilds of Ardenweald may have been removed (I did run around their area and didn't find any), and the only other one is the one(s)? in the dungeon.

Was just checking if anyone has found a teal vulpine outside of the dungeon?

Also, if the dungeon is the only way to get it, how easy or difficult will it be to tame in a random dungeon group?

Any help in figuring this out is much appreciated!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Teal Vulpin

Unread post by worgpower »

Teal vulpins exist around south east of the zone, I’ve tamed one myself
Rexy

Unread post by Rexy »

worgpower wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:23 am Teal vulpins exist around south east of the zone, I’ve tamed one myself
Either it is a rare chance to be that color, or you are mistaking it for the normal blue one.
The Teal one has dark mane fur and tail, while the blue one, which does have a slight tealish hue, has the light/white mane fur and tail.
And the one I want is the darker teal one :<

Thank you though. I will try killing a few, letting them respawn and see if I get the dark teal.
Rexy

Unread post by Rexy »

Well I think I got one to spawn, at least when I compare it to the lighter blue I already have. But it is still a lot lighter in shade than I was expecting. A little sad if that is the actual model, when I compare it to the photo of it on it's petopia page.
parkinstark

Unread post by parkinstark »

I've found two spawns for the teal vulpin, but none of the teal with black. Their white fur is more of a gray coloration as seen below in comparison to the blue. I have the wild teal one highlighted, for reference and a blue untargeted one behind it running:

As you can see, it's a relatively subtle color difference. The other spawn was just above the N and A of Hibernal Hollow.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I believe the Petopia image is incorrect unfortunately. It was probably an unintentional error with the lighting in the program used to capture them.

If you visit the wowhead page for those foxes, the 3D model viewer shows up like this, which is the correct appearance how it shows in the game:
Attachments
Image15.png
Image15.png (109.58 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
Rexy

Unread post by Rexy »

parkinstark wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm I've found two spawns for the teal vulpin, but none of the teal with black. Their white fur is more of a gray coloration as seen below in comparison to the blue. I have the wild teal one highlighted, for reference and a blue untargeted one behind it running:

As you can see, it's a relatively subtle color difference. The other spawn was just above the N and A of Hibernal Hollow.
Yeah, I went and tamed a non questioned blue fox, and went to the one I thought MIGHT be the teal fox and there is a clear tint difference.
My issue is just it isn't as vibrant/clear as the online photos, which is why I wasn't seeing it as the dark teal vulpine. Not sure if they are the same or different, but it'll do.

I'm wondering, since I haven't done any dungeons yet, if the one in the dungeon is the same as the wild ones, or is it like the online photo. I can't wait to see and if they are darker, having fun trying to coordinate a random group to let me tame, lol.
Rexy

Unread post by Rexy »

Vephriel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:47 pm I believe the Petopia image is incorrect unfortunately. It was probably an unintentional error with the lighting in the program used to capture them.

If you visit the wowhead page for those foxes, the 3D model viewer shows up like this, which is the correct appearance how it shows in the game:
Darn, that was what I was fearing. I really loved the tint of the petopia image version. Just so vibrant.
The in game one is very dulled down sadly.

Thank you all for the assistance!!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hrm, sorry, that was how they appeared in WoW Model Viewer. I've almost stopped using WMV now, except when I'm forced to, because the rendering is becoming more and more inaccurate. I'll check if wow.tools model viewer renders it properly, and if so I'll re-take the shots.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There, it should be closer now. Thanks for reporting it :)

(if you still see the old colour you may need to force a page reload)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

(I also updated the new spider model and the fathom rays from Nazjatar to show truer colours. It's so great having wow.tools now!)