FOUND: "unused" undead devilsaur skin EDIT (cant be tamed)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

FOUND: "unused" undead devilsaur skin EDIT (cant be tamed)

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

So i was doing the quest for the green direhorn mount on my Horde pally and i am on what i assume is the last quest before i get my mount, so getting to this point took a week or two.
anyways, I am on the quest "the direhorn mother's fury" and i came across the "green/grey w hood & dark armor" modle. its called "blasphemous horror" and is classified as a beast.

EDIT: apparently it is not tamable at this time- but it is still in game representation for a model that was previously considered "unused"
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: FOUND: "unused" undead devilsaur skin

Unread post by Vephriel »

Heya, I've completed this quest chain but if you want to try the party sync thing I'm happy to test! I don't believe this NPC is flagged as tameable but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Ah, sadly looks like it was already tried. :(
viewtopic.php?p=619386#p619386
smashfanDS wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:08 am Hello,

So I reached the final stage of getting the Child Of Torcali mount on live, and saw the beautiful Undead Devilsaur " Blaspheming Horror". Copied the character to Beta, and used Beast Lore on it (it is classified as a Beast on both Live & Beta). To my disappointment, it wasn't tamable. :(
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: FOUND: "unused" undead devilsaur skin

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ah, thats too bad. though i suppose if they did not have the bone binding book, it wouldn't show up as tamable. (did you not need to find the book to tame undead in beta? i don't recall

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: FOUND: "unused" undead devilsaur skin EDIT (cant be tamed)

Unread post by Vephriel »

even without the Tome, a beast will still show up as Tameable or not if you use Beast Lore on them (and yeah, in beta you didn't need to have the book at first)