Can Tome of Dinomancy even drop in Chromie Time?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Can Tome of Dinomancy even drop in Chromie Time?

Unread post by Quiv »

I ask because I just think I wasted a bunch of time farming in Chromie Time.

When I hit 40 on my "monster" hunter in Pandaria Chomie Time, I went to get fast flying, flew to Isle of Giants and (very slowly) began killing Dinomancers. I knew the drop rate was historically low, so I expected it to take a while. However some comments on Wowhead post patch 9.0 indicated it dropped fast. So I stopped on kill # 60.

I hopped on another recently leveled 50 hunter who hadn't even been to Pandaria, went to Isle of Giants, and boom, kill #3 dropped it. I then took my 40 hunter, reset my timeline back to normal, went back to Isle of Giants and Tome dropped on kill #7.

I know this isn't a lot of evidence, and if anyone else can confirm they've had it drop sub50 in Chromie Time, I'd love to hear. Granted, I get that hunters wanting direhorns sub 50 is a very niche thing, but if this is indeed true, it makes me wonder what else could be affected? What else isn't dropping in Chromie Time?

Just a PSA in case you wanted to try it. In normal timeline, things on Isle of Giants is level 35, so I would suggest doing it in normal timeline.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Can Tome of Dinomancy even drop in Chromie Time?

Unread post by worgpower »

I was on chrome time as you said on my mechagnome hunter, I was a few levels lower than isle of giants, and I killed dinomancers for 20 minutes for it to drop, and guess what, it did, it does drop in chromie time, I also got 2 pets along the grind
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Can Tome of Dinomancy even drop in Chromie Time?

Unread post by Quiv »

Thanks for confirming! I know killing 60 with no drop isn't a huge sample, just took longer since they are all elite and often in packs, felt like much more. Also odd my other two experiences were nearly instant. Guess thats variance for ya!