BM and Exotic Pet Stable Confusion/Restriction...???

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tiger_Bite_Style

BM and Exotic Pet Stable Confusion/Restriction...???

Unread post by Tiger_Bite_Style »

I am not high enough level to tame exotic pets yet but I do understand that BM is the only spec that can tame/play exotic pets. I am a little confused though because of the new system where you are now freely able to change spec/specialization at any time whenever you want and are not 'locked' in to a certain spec like in the past.

For example...If I am a high enough level and in BM spec, obviously I can freely tame any exotic pet that I want. But lets say I want to change to MM spec now. Does the exotic pet that I tamed before in BM spec become 'greyed out' or no longer available/seen inside my stable or just totally disappears altogether or something...? Kind of confused as to how the hunter's stable system handles exotic vs normal pet restrictions when changing hunter specs from BM to MM/SV and vice versa.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: BM and Exotic Pet Stable Confusion/Restriction...???

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You just won’t be able to summon them if you switch to MM or Surv. You still have the pets, but you will be unable to use them whilst in a spec other than BM.
Tiger_Bite_Style

Unread post by Tiger_Bite_Style »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:49 pm You just won’t be able to summon them if you switch to MM or Surv. You still have the pets, but you will be unable to use them whilst in a spec other than BM.
Oh I see so the exotic pet is still 'visible' inside the stable but with the caveat that I can only summon it when in BM spec right...?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is correct :)