Specified Second Pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ipshwitz
Realm: Fizzcrank

Specified Second Pet

Unread post by ipshwitz »

Ok, so I have a question that has an answer... but the answer doesn't seem to work for me.

I have three pets. Two dinosaurs (for dps) and a clefthoof (for tanking). What I want to be able to do is switch the summoned pet on the fly as need be. If I'm in a dungeon, have the two dinos summoned. Or, if I want to solo a dungeon, switch to the clefthoof and a dino. However, no matter what I try, I can never summon the two dinos. The clefthoof is always the second summon (no matter where it sits at in my stable lineup), unless I try to summon it first.

Is there any way to specify which two pets are summoned?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Specified Second Pet

Unread post by Vephriel »

So, your primary pet is the one that you pull from your Call Pet list. This is also the pet that shows up under your character portrait and the one you can control more directly.

The secondary pet is really more of an aesthetic, and that one is always the first pet slot in your stable. It doesn't matter which pet this is, you don't gain any more or less benefits from the second one, they're all normalized as your animal companion talent.

You cannot change the secondary pet on the fly unless you get an engineer to make you a portable stable master. Your primary pet you can dismiss and summon from you active pet slots though.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Specified Second Pet

Unread post by worgpower »

When I summon pets main and AC stable slot, I summon 2 certain pets with each other more than others, here are a fun few examples of pets I summon together
Vilebone Ravager(main), Any other undead or maldraxxus creature (AC)
Grey Gargon(main) and a grey bear(AC)
Pale Soulseeker(main) and a Dark soulseeker(AC)
Gold Phalynx(main) and a gold mechs tiger(AC)
I have lots of combos to go through, but some pets mesh together better than others