Burning Steppes Rares Gone?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dawne
Realm: Earthen Ring

Burning Steppes Rares Gone?

Unread post by Dawne »

I have been trying to tame Sunwing in the Burning Steppes. I have been camping it for two days now without any sign of it. I decided to do several fly arounds in Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge to look for any other rares (any rares, not just beasts). I did not find a single rare in either zone, including Chromehound in Blackrock Mountain. I got the same negative results on rare multiple checks for both zones over a period of two days. Can anyone shed any light on this? Have these zones gone the way of Molten Front where someone has to be in the zone constantly for 3 hours before the rares will spawn?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Burning Steppes Rares Gone?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Dawne wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:26 am I have been trying to tame Sunwing in the Burning Steppes. I have been camping it for two days now without any sign of it. I decided to do several fly arounds in Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge to look for any other rares (any rares, not just beasts). I did not find a single rare in either zone, including Chromehound in Blackrock Mountain. I got the same negative results on rare multiple checks for both zones over a period of two days. Can anyone shed any light on this? Have these zones gone the way of Molten Front where someone has to be in the zone constantly for 3 hours before the rares will spawn?
I do think that there is something wrong with the rares, because I have not seen them spawn either. But due to how Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge are part of Eastern Kingdoms rather than being their own separate place like Molten Front, I don’t think that it is necessary for someone to be there for a while to cause them to spawn, but I could be wrong.
Dawne

Unread post by Dawne »

After sitting in Burning Steppes for 3+ hours some rares started to spawn just prior to Tuesday's server shutdown. Hopefully when the server comes back up Sunwing will be up as it did not spawn prior to my character being kicked off.
Dawne

Unread post by Dawne »

Follow up: I logged back on after the server reset to again not find a single rare up. Again I stayed online in that zone for 3+ hours. The rares began to spawn after waiting that amount of time. I finally was able to tame Sunwing. I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that you did not have to waste a lot of time sitting in a zone for hours before the rares will begin to spawn.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Did you put in a bug report?
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Did you try sitting in the zone for a few hours?

Yes, i know its boring but this is what you have to do on the Molten Front in order to get the rares there to spawn. Not sure what the timetable is on the rare spawns in Burning Steppes but have seen where they are not there but if you stay there for 6-10 hours i would guess they would appear. The issue seems to be when the zone is inactive for 15 minutes the rares disappear and the clock does not start again unless a individual is in the zone for 15 minutes.

And yes, i have tested this when hunting rares in Molten Front. I do wish Bizzard would find a better way to deal with old rares but for now this seems to be the only answer.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Dawne wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:33 am Follow up: I logged back on after the server reset to again not find a single rare up. Again I stayed online in that zone for 3+ hours. The rares began to spawn after waiting that amount of time. I finally was able to tame Sunwing. I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that you did not have to waste a lot of time sitting in a zone for hours before the rares will begin to spawn.
Guess i didnt read far enough and you got your critter. But yea, that is ultimately what players have to do when rares arent up.