Island Expeditions and potentially unknown / forgotten pets.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rexxgrim
Realm: Tarren Mill

Island Expeditions and potentially unknown / forgotten pets.

Unread post by Rexxgrim »

This morning I noticed that the Rare-Unique pet counter had risen from 120 to 121 and spotted the addition of Blazeseeker; a rare-unique skeleton hound which only can be found on (Supposedly?) 4 different Island Expedition maps. 3 of these maps is currently up in the EU (Dunno if US has the same map cycle) and I've spent close to 8 hours now non-stop farming these Island Expeditions without spotting the dog; and that in addition to some other observation(s) I have done made me wonder if the Island Expedition side of WoW for Hunter Pet collectors might need to be explored more?

First of regarding Blazeseeker; As said - I have gone at it non stop for 8 hours now without spotting the dog yet according to WoWhead, WoWDB etc - The dog CAN supposedly spawn on Molten Cay (Up now), Jorundall (Not up now), Verdant Wilds (Up now) and Whispering Reef (Up now) yet it seemingly only has CONFIRMED spawn spots on Joundall? Could this mean that it's potential existence on the 3 other maps is false? I know 8 hours is little in the eyes of pet camping, by all means. But I just found it odd that I have now spotted several rares up 6-8 times but not seen Blazeseeker once - And speaking of those rares.

I ran into a Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent named Skycrack which I can't seem to find listed anywhere on the WoW-Petopia serpent section. This pet was flagged as tamable yet all 3 times I spotted it my party would nuke it for hard for me to even attempt a tame: And if this one is tamable (As beast lore indicated) then maybe Hulon is not a rare-unique pet anymore? (Unless Skycrack has a different color tint that I can not spot with my naked eye)

I have also spotted some other beasts which was flagged as tamable which I did not find on the Petopia page (Like a Wind Serpent, Spider and regular Serpent) So I was just curious if this department should be explored more?

If this already has been a topic of discussion then I am sorry to bring it up again as I can wholeheartedly understand the lack of interest given how wonky and general "disliked" the Island Expeditions was; but yeah - I just wanted to see if there is room here for some details to be dug out to expand the pet list or is perhaps Island Expeditions with it's current que system, random rare spawns and weekly map rotations something which just isn't worth tapping into?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Island Expeditions and potentially unknown / forgotten pets.

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Skycrack has been confirmed as being tamable. There is a list of things in the Shadowlands section of the forums of all things that could potentially be tamable in IEs.

Blazeseeker is very rare since it has to be there at the start of the IE. it cannot spawn later on. It can spawn in Verdant Wild and Molten Cay. I have seen it in both places before and I tamed it in Molten Cay, which is where I confirmed that it is tamable. In Molten Cay, it can spawn wherever there is lava. In Verdant Wild, it can spawn only spawn in the two caves.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I played IE, and found a beast more unique than the others, I found a scarlet vanilla-era wind serpent model, same color as the ones in spires of arak, another opportunity for people who prefer the vanilla era model, I’m wondering if the Druid stag model rare will end up tameable, we’ll see, but anyway, I’ve found grey musken, and black and green kunchong, everything’s random so I don’t know if there’s any unique unused colors not listed in petopia, i hope the unique Azerite aura rares will keep their effect
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain has a list of all npcs in IEs that have a unique name or appearance, though he’ll be compiling another list of all things that should be tamable. As far as I know, the Druid stags, the partially submerged worms, and the critter toads will not be included.
Scornix
Realm: Laughing Skull

Unread post by Scornix »

As soon as I saw they added Blazeseeker I wanted to tame him. Luckily for me Jorundall was on active rotation last week so I was able to spam some expeditions for several hours over like 2 days. I can confirm that he does spawn in the location noted on Wowhead. Unfortunately even if you do get Jorundall, he does not spawn every time. Maybe 1 in 5. Have not tried other islands once I finally found him in Jorundall.