voiatile emberspark in the maw i managed to tame 2

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: voiatile emberspark in the maw i managed to tame 2

Unread post by worgpower »

It’s quite strange since wowhead still tells me it’s tameable, but I just tested and got the invalid
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wowhead takes a while to update whenever changes like that are made. That is why whenever there is a new build on the ptr it will take them 2 or so days to update the database with new npcs
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Aww man. Would have loved to get these. xD Grats on the tame!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since volatile embersparks are now classed as elementals, can someone who have them check if they retain their appearance or have been swapped into the mawrat appearance, i need evidence to see if it will be another special pet
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mine is still in my active pet slots for now however - they no longer have a family, and therefore no longer have any pet family abilities. It shows up as an empty slot in all window panels so I cannot stable it, meaning it will likely disappear as soon as I swap it with another pet or abandon it.

They cannot be targeted by Mend Pet, or Dismiss Pet. If you make them "Stay" and outdistance them you can forcefully dismiss them that way.

You can summon them, they have basic Growl and Dash and will attack targets and respond to Kill Command, but otherwise they are not really a functional pet at all and have more or less been deleted. Maybe if someone keeps it in their active pet slots forever they can keep it as a visual trophy pet but, judging by how unstable it already is, I wouldn't be surprised if something just randomly wipes them one day.

These are an elemental, and have overlaps with other class fantasies, so unlike some previous unintentional tames (which were some manner of beast and therefore forgivable enough), I can see why they would not want us to keep something like this and fully suspected it would not be staying. This was a happenstance tame that drew my curiosity because they showed up as Beasts on my minimap tracking (which I'd had turned on for other taming ventures), I had every suspicion it would be removed immediately and it looks like the actions are already taken and the remnants are just leftover bits of code that will likely fizzle out in due time.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_070821_231408.png
WoWScrnShot_070821_231408.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1728 times
WoWScrnShot_070821_231441.png
WoWScrnShot_070821_231441.png (475.78 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
WoWScrnShot_070821_231955.png
WoWScrnShot_070821_231955.png (102.79 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
WoWScrnShot_070821_232000.png
WoWScrnShot_070821_232000.png (176.61 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sasori wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:50 pm Name one of them Calcifer in honor of the one I will never have :_
Funnily enough I hadn't seen your post until just now, but I named mine Calcifer as a nod to an old fire tame that happened during early Cataclysm - the exploding raptors and tallstriders in the newly revamped Barrens quests had a way where you could time a tame juuust right when someone threw the explosives on them, and you'd wind up with just a puddle of fire as your pet. :lol: It did not last long at all because they were untargettable for PvP I believe and therefore pretty exploitative, but it was a fun silly thing for a day or two
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081811_142131.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081811_142131.jpg (2.72 MiB) Viewed 1727 times
WoWScrnShot_081811_144130.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081811_144130.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1727 times
WoWScrnShot_081811_144145.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081811_144145.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1727 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:23 am Mine is still in my active pet slots for now however - they no longer have a family, and therefore no longer have any pet family abilities. It shows up as an empty slot in all window panels so I cannot stable it, meaning it will likely disappear as soon as I swap it with another pet or abandon it.

They cannot be targeted by Mend Pet, or Dismiss Pet. If you make them "Stay" and outdistance them you can forcefully dismiss them that way.

You can summon them, they have basic Growl and Dash and will attack targets and respond to Kill Command, but otherwise they are not really a functional pet at all and have more or less been deleted. Maybe if someone keeps it in their active pet slots forever they can keep it as a visual trophy pet but, judging by how unstable it already is, I wouldn't be surprised if something just randomly wipes them one day.

These are an elemental, and have overlaps with other class fantasies, so unlike some previous unintentional tames (which were some manner of beast and therefore forgivable enough), I can see why they would not want us to keep something like this and fully suspected it would not be staying. This was a happenstance tame that drew my curiosity because they showed up as Beasts on my minimap tracking (which I'd had turned on for other taming ventures), I had every suspicion it would be removed immediately and it looks like the actions are already taken and the remnants are just leftover bits of code that will likely fizzle out in due time.
That’s sad, if people are allowed to keep a slime from wotlk, why don’t prized players who tamed them let them stay in the stables and keep them forever, slimes are also not very good when it comes to hunter fantasy either, it’s horrible since it can’t be dismissed or stabled
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Slimes do not overlap into other classes, however. Besides that, the slime was really the first of its kind, to my knowledge, and with all pets like this, it is ultimately up to whichever Blizz dev fixes it to determine to what length they go to fix it, including whether or not to render it as a useless pet.
Sasori
Realm: Sanguino

Unread post by Sasori »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:31 am
Sasori wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:50 pm Name one of them Calcifer in honor of the one I will never have :_
Funnily enough I hadn't seen your post until just now, but I named mine Calcifer as a nod to an old fire tame that happened during early Cataclysm - the exploding raptors and tallstriders in the newly revamped Barrens quests had a way where you could time a tame juuust right when someone threw the explosives on them, and you'd wind up with just a puddle of fire as your pet. :lol: It did not last long at all because they were untargettable for PvP I believe and therefore pretty exploitative, but it was a fun silly thing for a day or two
Being a hunter in this game only brings pain. A memory of deleted or unobtained pets... I see only darkness before me

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Speaking of glitch pets, I'm still eternally mad that Blizzard refused to let me get the ooze pet. I wasn't leveling my hunter in Wrath before my warrior, but when I saw a hunter with the ooze and I asked them what it was, I immediately went full powerlevel mode and got my hunter up to max level in two days (I still had a life back then) and up to the rep necessary for the daily. Due to the RNG of the daily showing up, I waited and waited. The day that the daily was back was the worst day, because the ooze was "fixed" so it couldn't be tamed. I put all that effort into my hunter, specifically for a glitch pet, and I was denied. Because of that, I always level my hunter first. Even then, I miss nearly every glitch because I find out too late. I'm blessed to still have my baby direhorn, and I love the little thing like no other, but I really REALLY hate missing fun things. I don't care if they get fixed later, because the fun "now" is plenty. Just like when you could polymorph catchable battle pets and have silly stuff like a forsaken pirate and whatnot; I had a blast with that even though they'd be fixed eventually.

This also makes me want to have a "glitch pet history" page or thread, just to document all the times we've had unintended beasts as pets, including the taming methods.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

maelie got fixed check wowhead
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:23 am
Do you think they'll replace it with the mawrat that was a mistake? Since it's missing the stable slot icon would it just disappear from the stable?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I tamed two of them and kept one in the stable. The one in the stable is gone now and it doesn't look like there is any way to get it back. I'm guessing that there won't be anything further done with the pet, so they likely won't just swap its model with a Mawrat and make it a Rodent again.