so how do you tame a corpsefly?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pyrium
Realm: Aszune

so how do you tame a corpsefly?

Unread post by pyrium »

I know what youre going to say. they are untamable.

however i thought they were tamable. 2 days ago i stumbled upon a hunter with one as a pet in korthia. i thought oh they look pretty neat as a pet ill go see what others i can tame and where from here. then i see it says they are untamable. which i was not aware of.

ive also seen a BM hunter with 2 in Oribos.

so how in the blue hell did this hunter have one as a pet.

before you ask. they were ally.

it wasnt one of the mounts.

it wasnt a companion pet.

it was a proper hunter pet. i did not take a screenshot as at the time i wasnt aware they were untamable. so i thought nothing of it.

so either that hunter was part of the maldraxxus covenant and they give you a fly follower that im not aware of. or there must be a glitch to tame one. im suddenly getting wrath vibes of when we could tame a worgen :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: so how do you tame a corpsefly?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As far as I am aware, there are only two corpseflies that can be found in game. Honestly, without more information or screenshots we really can’t say what it was that you saw or if there is some tameable corpsefly somewhere.
Dawne
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Dawne »

Are you sure you did not see Aqir Fliers. They look similar to, but not exactly like, a corpsefly. Can be seen under wasps in Petopia.
pyrium
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by pyrium »

Dawne wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:58 am Are you sure you did not see Aqir Fliers. They look similar to, but not exactly like, a corpsefly. Can be seen under wasps in Petopia.
sorry for late reply had a banging headache all week.

no both times they had the gorgeous skinned flies

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... xxus_green

which is what made me want them. and to reply to the above post. as i said at the time i wasnt aware you couldnt tame them so i didnt think too much of it for a screenshot.
Dawne
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Dawne »

As of 9.1.5, both corpseflies and gormets will be tamable!
https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-hunter ... its-324051