Does world boss pet preclude mount drops?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
DustyD

Does world boss pet preclude mount drops?

Unread post by DustyD »

Hi, I recently returned to WoW after about 8 years away and started where I left off, Pandaria.
So far I have tamed world bosses Nalak and Oondasta, but when I try to kill them now I get no drops. Even with their pets in stable. I got an initial dropfrom Nalak as part of a quest, but even when I do damage to both, there is nothing for me to pick up. I nearly soloed Nalak before someone joined me, so I definitely tagged it. I do get drops from the Sha.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Does world boss pet preclude mount drops?

Unread post by Vephriel »

If memory serves, Pandaria world bosses use the "push loot" system, meaning you don't physically loot their bodies, the loot's pushed to you. If you win something, it's deposited directly into your bags. Typically you should get a consolation prize bag with a few gold in it even if you don't win a piece of gear (or the mount). Next time you kill one (and they are on weekly loot timers), try to keep an eye out for a pop-up the moment they die, you might get some gold.

They only have loot on their first kill for the quests, as you said.
DustyD

Unread post by DustyD »

Thanks for the information about the push loot. Maybe the weekly time out explains it. I guess that I thought the weekly time out had changed as it seems that the same people seem to be showing up at every 15 minute respawn when I came back several times.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yes, they are still considered a raid boss so you can only loot them once per week, per character. If you want to double check this you can open up your Raid Info tab and see the cooldown until they're available again.