I need help taming Risen Gargantuan. Can any horde players with the quest help?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Goreslice

I need help taming Risen Gargantuan. Can any horde players with the quest help?

Unread post by Goreslice »

Hello,

Can anyone help me tame Risen Gargantuan? (Horde only)

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... rmor_green

I've already completed the quest (The Bulwark of Torcali) in Zuldazar, and unfortunetly it's only available during that quest.

The WoW Petopia tooltip states:
This unique skeletal devilsaur requires a trick to tame, as it's normally only encountered while you're stuck in a quest vehicle and can't use your abilities. It also requires you to be a Horde player with access to the once-only quest Bulwark of Torcali. There's a chance that Horde hunters can revisit this quest using party sync - if they have a friend who has it in their quest log - but we haven't yet tested that possibility. The Bulwark of Torcali quest requires you to have completed the major zone storylines for both Zuldazar and Nazmir. At the start of the quest you're asked to mount a direhorn named Old Rotana. Before you click on her, ensure the wooden post at her back left flank is between you and her body. If you position yourself just right, when you click on her the post will block you from mounting but you'll still moved into the quest instance, where you can tame a Risen Gargantuan.

Thank you!
Last edited by Goreslice on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tovi
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: I need help taming Risen Gargantuan. Can any horde players with the quest help?

Unread post by Tovi »

You can also tame this guy when the WQ is up. That's how I did it (since I completed the quest along time ago) and I wrote a little "How To" in the comments.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=128587/rise ... n#comments
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: I need help taming Risen Gargantuan. Can any horde players with the quest help?

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Goreslice wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:51 pm Hello,

Can anyone help me tame Risen Gargantuan? (Horde only)

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... rmor_green

I've already completed the quest (The Bulwark of Torcali) in Zuldazar, and unfortunetly it's only available during that quest.

The WoW Petopia tooltip states:
This unique skeletal devilsaur requires a trick to tame, as it's normally only encountered while you're stuck in a quest vehicle and can't use your abilities. It also requires you to be a Horde player with access to the once-only quest Bulwark of Torcali. There's a chance that Horde hunters can revisit this quest using party sync - if they have a friend who has it in their quest log - but we haven't yet tested that possibility. The Bulwark of Torcali quest requires you to have completed the major zone storylines for both Zuldazar and Nazmir. At the start of the quest you're asked to mount a direhorn named Old Rotana. Before you click on her, ensure the wooden post at her back left flank is between you and her body. If you position yourself just right, when you click on her the post will block you from mounting but you'll still moved into the quest instance, where you can tame a Risen Gargantuan.

If you have the quest (Bulwark of Torcali) or haven't done it yet. Please add me on Battle.Net at Gup#11563

I will pay you gold or cash or whatever!

Thank you!
Yea I can help you
Goreslice

Unread post by Goreslice »

Tovi wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:48 am You can also tame this guy when the WQ is up. That's how I did it (since I completed the quest along time ago) and I wrote a little "How To" in the comments.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=128587/rise ... n#comments
I think that this method is patched as Old Rotana is showing friendly instead of neutral.. even with the Sliver of Nzoth toy