Because some yes, and others no... no logic and yes arbitrariness.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Because some yes, and others no... no logic and yes arbitrariness.

Unread post by Tsukina »

Today I decided to go with my WoD Orc female to get the Clefthoof from the Mythic Blackhand raid, as a pet.

When I got to the boss, I realized that the Elekk could be tamed, so I adopted him, then the Rylak did the same and I also tamed him, and when it was the wolf's turn, he couldn't tame...
And Clefthoof, if I let.

And I don't understand the reason... I know there are wolves with the same model in the Jungle (and I ran for one), but why 3 animals yes, and 1 no? I don't understand the reasoning, motive or objective of a decision like that...
Can anyone tell me what leads to this?

As always a thousand pardons, for having to use the translator.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Because some yes, and others no... no logic and yes arbitrariness.

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I believe that it is because the Elekk was made tameable during the taming pass for the Mammoth family, and the Clefthoof and Rylak were made tameable due to them being requested on a list on Petopia. I don't think that the wolf was ever made tameable due to there already being tameable Iron Horde Wolf.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Because some yes, and others no... no logic and yes arbitrariness.

Unread post by Wain »

Yep! It's almost certainly that.

A developer didn't look at the fight and decide to make some tameable. They just looked at the special NPCs and flagged them, probably without ever thinking about the wolf in the same fight.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.