[Guide] Chilltongue Taming - Chimaera With Unique Aura!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

[Guide] Chilltongue Taming - Chimaera With Unique Aura!

Unread post by Vesania »

This post is a guide to tame Chilltongue, a Chimaera with an unique frosty aura which is not removed after taming.

The major problems with this tame are a few:
- It can only be tamed during The Iron Wolf quest, the other version of the NPC is untamable.
- It would't attack anything outside Durotan, except when it uses its ability Icy Blast on you for a few seconds.
- There's no way to make Durotan die without resetting the event.

If you already completed The Iron Wolf, get a trial account or a friend which can make you use party sync and repeat Frostfire Ridge's quests; you need to re-do the full chainline up to Ga'nar's Vengeance and return to your garrison, after that Durotan would be at the center of the map with The Iron Wolf quest available.

Note: you CAN'T disconnect or make the other character leave, since it would reset the party sync and remove all your progress; it needs to be done in one session.

To tame it, grab some haste buffs (foods, potions, flasks, etc.) and a Ferocity pet (wolf, cat, etc.), then go to into the cave (65 - 65) where the events starts. Use Ancient Hysteria to increase your haste and dismiss the pet before Chilltongue becomes targetable. When you can attack it, just spam Scare Beast soon as possible and then start taming. Your position and angle matters a lot; the farther it can go without being attacked, the better chances you have to tame it. Make sure Chilltongue runs away from the other NPCs long enough for you to finish the cast time, consider timing with its Icy Blast since it can add up to 2.5 seconds to your taming.

GL HF!

Last edited by Vesania on Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: [Guide] Chilltongue Taming - Chimaera With Unique Aura!

Unread post by Aroim »

Great find! Thanks for sharing this method and information :)
Edit: Worked for me without BL, a lot of fears were needed but it worked somehow :D
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: [Guide] Chilltongue Taming - Chimaera With Unique Aura!

Unread post by Vesania »

Aroim wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:11 am Great find! Thanks for sharing this method and information :)
Edit: Worked for me without BL, a lot of fears were needed but it worked somehow :D
Thanks! I wanted it so badly, so I started to search a way to get it. Good job on taming it without BL; it's pretty hard to do.