More potential core hound colours

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

More potential core hound colours

Unread post by Wain »

OK, these are perhaps shades rather than entirely different colours.

As at least some of you will already know, the yellow corehound (Gomegaz) is actually a combination of textures from two different corehound colours.

Corehounds have a main body texture, and also a coloured glow/overlay skin that is transparent. Combining the green body with the orange glow and flames from the standard corehound gives us Gomegaz. But, the same technique also allows for a couple of other looks, which I've just added to our unused appearances database:

Yellow-orange:

This bright and cheery corehound combines the body texture and flames from the orange corehound with the green glow from the fel one. I really love this colour.

Green-yellow:

This one is actually identical to the Gomegaz one, but with green flames instead of orange. The different flame colour makes quite a difference to the overall look, and it looks good.

It's also possible to give green flames to the bright orange one, but the look doesn't really blend as well so I decided not to add it.

I wish we had one or two more basic core hound colours, as the number of possible shades would increase exponentially!

Thanks for Marlamin and Deamon for fixing particles on wow.tools' model viewer, which allowed me to get decent shots of these. I'd been hoping to add them for some time.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: More potential corehound colours

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They look great! Hopefully we can get them one day.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

If we are to ever get new Core Hound colors (Though I'm doubtful) I feel like maybe doing a shade of blue like the magmammoths would be the best choice of color, However a more red color could also work wonders for them, Maybe to represent hotter Magma?

I could also maybe see a Deeper green one as an option
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Agreed! I'd love to see blue, but also a void purple.

There's actually an appearance in the database (unused) that has purple flames, but it just has a regular green body so it looks wrong. It made me wonder if they were developing a purple one, but if so they never added it :(
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Wain wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:12 pm Agreed! I'd love to see blue, but also a void purple.

There's actually an appearance in the database (unused) that has purple flames, but it just has a regular green body so it looks wrong. It made me wonder if they were developing a purple one, but if so they never added it :(
I wouldn't be surprised if there was at one point for either WOD or Legion, There was a purple core hound model in the works that got scrapped or replaced with the already existing Void Hound. Either way its still
sad we never got it.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just for the hell of it, you should show off the unused purple color too. It's always fun to think "what if...?" when looking at unused skins.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I too would love to see every color combination possible including purple, orange with green flames would be kinda neat, gives it a chaos type look, imagine a core hound with blank/white flames that would match blazeseeker
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ok, here's the green with purple flames. Looks pretty enough but it just makes no sense:

screenshot-493.png
screenshot-493.png (534.14 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

And two oranges with green flames. The first is the standard core hound and the second is the yellow-orange (made by using a green glow on an orange body):

screenshot-494.png
screenshot-494.png (527.85 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
screenshot-495.png
screenshot-495.png (536.53 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: More potential core hound colours

Unread post by Ana »

didnt we have a color swap thread for models somewhere? I really loved the looks in that thread. These looks good too

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maria wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:17 am didnt we have a color swap thread for models somewhere? I really loved the looks in that thread. These looks good too
Haha! I used to do that years ago: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13887

The ones in this thread aren't like that, though. These are all valid looks using the official textures and flames :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Heh true!! Wish all the mash ups were a thing though ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Speaking of core hounds, I so wish they'd do a new texture of Kurken. He's such a neat model but oh he's looking so old and dated right now.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:33 am Ok, here's the green with purple flames. Looks pretty enough but it just makes no sense:

screenshot-493.png

And two oranges with green flames. The first is the standard core hound and the second is the yellow-orange (made by using a green glow on an orange body):

screenshot-494.png screenshot-495.png
I love it, you don’t have to do this, but I want to see red and purple