(*HOTFIXED*) Baby mammoths tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Baby mammoths tamed!

Unread post by Dino »

Baby mammoths were hotfixed.

December 1, 2022
Creatures and NPCs
Fixed an issue where some baby mammoths could be unintentionally tamed.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/e ... -1/1426316
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ah, drat. i was on my way to grab a blue-eyed one as well but had to leave for work before i got there.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Welp, time to see if they turn them into ugly adult mammoths or if they're generous and let us keep the baby mammoths. Get any screenshots in, just in case.
Ryna
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ryna »

Right now they're listed on Beast Lore as untamable but are entirely still tamable if they haven't been killed or despawned. This might need a restart or a respawn before it fully kicks in.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Ryna wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:39 am Right now they're listed on Beast Lore as untamable but are entirely still tamable if they haven't been killed or despawned. This might need a restart or a respawn before it fully kicks in.
My friend tried to retame them to see and they were not able to. There's a maintenance coming Friday morning so it'll most likely be fixed by then with restarts.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: (*HOTFIXED*) Baby mammoths tamed!

Well now, it looks like i seriously lucked out! I went to check the Frostytrunks just in case and managed to tame one! the other one was flagged as untamable, as was the one that respawned to replace the one i had tamed. so it seems that the ones that spawn in after the hotfix are indeed untamable but if you luck out and find an old one you can still get it. both of the Snow calfs on my server can still be tamed. so check old servers/warmode

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I grabbed the blue and brown eyed ones so folks might be able to still nab them
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's likely that there are still tameable ones roaming around, since it's not like a switch being flipped just instantly resets everything. It's worth server hopping for the last few hours if you're desperately in need of your own mammoth calf still.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:13 am It's likely that there are still tameable ones roaming around, since it's not like a switch being flipped just instantly resets everything. It's worth server hopping for the last few hours if you're desperately in need of your own mammoth calf still.
Correct. I just tamed four of them (two of each) a few minutes ago. New ones, however, are untameable despite being flagged as tameable.
Attachments
nope.png
nope.png (166.28 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

I'm praying that they'll let me keep my sons Snoots and Toots and not fix them. :(
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'm curious as to whether they'll change the ones that were tamed to some adult mammoth or take them away, or folks who tamed them keep 'em. I kind of hope for the latter.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

For the time being, we keep the appearance thankfully. The question is though; will we keep our big babies, or will they get shrunk down to battle pet size like the direhorn did? I hope the latter, because I like having tiny pets.
erictks
Realm: illidan

Unread post by erictks »

I just check , I think the blue one still tamable , maybe Blizzard allow us to tame it ... those who love baby mammoth still able to tame the blue one
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:35 pm For the time being, we keep the appearance thankfully. The question is though; will we keep our big babies, or will they get shrunk down to battle pet size like the direhorn did? I hope the latter, because I like having tiny pets.
The funny thing about the shrink was that it was completely unintentional. The reason they got shrunk was because when Blizzard added the Tome that allowed Mages to change their polymorph into the baby direhorn, people noticed that when polymorphing hunter pets with the baby dino glyph, they turned into the huge size that we knew for our actual hunter pets. When Blizzard rewrote the code to fix that, they goofed and any hunter pet that now has that model just gets auto-turned into the new polymorph size. This was also the case for frogs that shared the same model as the Shaman's Hex which is why tamed Bufos for example were so itty bitty before they fixed that in SL iirc.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Dialga wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:52 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:35 pm For the time being, we keep the appearance thankfully. The question is though; will we keep our big babies, or will they get shrunk down to battle pet size like the direhorn did? I hope the latter, because I like having tiny pets.
The funny thing about the shrink was that it was completely unintentional. The reason they got shrunk was because when Blizzard added the Tome that allowed Mages to change their polymorph into the baby direhorn, people noticed that when polymorphing hunter pets with the baby dino glyph, they turned into the huge size that we knew for our actual hunter pets. When Blizzard rewrote the code to fix that, they goofed and any hunter pet that now has that model just gets auto-turned into the new polymorph size. This was also the case for frogs that shared the same model as the Shaman's Hex which is why tamed Bufos for example were so itty bitty before they fixed that in SL iirc.
Marsh gulpers are still tiny, and the only toad that are real life sized, would make a great pvp pet
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

worgpower wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:59 pm
Dialga wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:52 pm
Marsh gulpers are still tiny, and the only toad that are real life sized, would make a great pvp pet
I remember testing it on a beta, and the Marsh Gulpers were normal-sized, so perhaps whatever was on the beta wasn't on Live. I didn't play SL (seems I was lucky, based on peer reviews) but yeah, Blizzard needs to fine-tune their code as 'model on hunter pet = polymorphed/hexed size' causes some issues.
erictks
Realm: illidan

Unread post by erictks »

Surprise they didn’t fix the blue baby mammoth 🥳🥳🥳 just check still tamable
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

is the blue one the frostytrunk?

Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

They are fixed. I checked on my server. If there are still some that have not despawned you might still have a chance for the blue ones.
moxo

Unread post by moxo »

Found a pack of 3 Frostytrunk Calfs near an elite mammonth but they weren't tameable. :cry:

Anyone know where I can find this elusive blue baby mammoth?