Tamed dark color tarantula Dragonflight

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sakera
Realm: BLOODSCALP

Tamed dark color tarantula Dragonflight

Unread post by Sakera »

Was in Waking Shore with the magma tarantulas when I found one that was very dark colored. Perhaps it is my graphics, but I didn't see a dark color like this listed with the other spiders.

screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/hoHoti9.jpg
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Tamed dark color tarantula Dragonflight

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It was reported during alpha, but it clearly was never fixed. It first appeared when someone messed up the tarantulas, causing ALL models to have an odd orange glow. When the glow was removed, this spider happened. It's missing textures, as evident from the black bits with zero lighting. It's one of many unfortunate (albeit cool) issues brought about from the rushed development of the expansion.
Cassady
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Cassady »

When you look at that spider in the pet preview panel in the stables the camera doesn't seem to work. Its fixed and you can't zoom in or out of the model. It's just glitchy in general but that is also what makes it an interesting tame
Sakera
Realm: BLOODSCALP

Unread post by Sakera »

Thank you both for your replies. That at least explains why it appears the way it does.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sakera wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:10 am Was in Waking Shore with the magma tarantulas when I found one that was very dark colored. Perhaps it is my graphics, but I didn't see a dark color like this listed with the other spiders.

screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/hoHoti9.jpg
Thanks! I've left it as it is for now, but I'll put a note on the look to explain that it's bugged. If no fix is forthcoming I may have to generate a new image with the buggy look.

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dawne
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Dawne »

I have found those dark spiders mixed in with the normal fire-colored ones in multiple places in Waking areas. I suspect that the dark color may not be accidental and will not be fixed.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Dawne wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:02 am I have found those dark spiders mixed in with the normal fire-colored ones in multiple places in Waking areas. I suspect that the dark color may not be accidental and will not be fixed.
It’s still the first patch and the black is still
a bug to fix, they can either fill the black with stone parts or try to fix the model on the next patch without changing the other spiders
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's one of those glitches where I recognize it's a clear mistake, the black portions are definitely untextured, but it has such an awesome effect I'd be absolutely fine with it remaining that way, especially since there are others that display the proper textures so people have a choice. I really think it works as a burnt charcoal look. :D I love mine.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I love mine too and hope it stays as-is!