Lava Tarantula inquiry

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Lava Tarantula inquiry

Unread post by Tilo »

Hello so I tamed the "Lava Tarantula" at Dragonheart Outpost, & as you can see, it's not as 'fiery' as the one shown on the petopia page, however, it still looks cool, so thought I'd share. Has anyone else seen this type of tame, when taming the "Lava Tarantula"? Thanks.
LavaTarantula.png
LavaTarantula.png (217.7 KiB) Viewed 801 times
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Lava Tarantula inquiry

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yeah, we've had reports of this since alpha. One bug led to another, and they never fixed these obsidian-colored spiders. A fun bugged tame that they surprisingly haven't fixed.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I for one am really fond of the bugged appearance, I don't know if they have a way of making both exist simultaneously, but this black ash cinder look is super cool and fitting, I'd love to keep it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The problem is, it's not an ash look as much as a complete absence of any texture. It'd be cool if they did a proper black / obsidian version, though. It's just that the black parts on this one look like gaps in reality to me.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Cassady
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Cassady »

Wain wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:10 am The problem is, it's not an ash look as much as a complete absence of any texture. It'd be cool if they did a proper black / obsidian version, though. It's just that the black parts on this one look like gaps in reality to me.
Maybe this Lava Tarantula got lost through the void before finding its way to the Waking Shore.. <_<