Thread or any info for the Rare Skinning Tames?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Thread or any info for the Rare Skinning Tames?

Unread post by Flyra »

Hello! I just found out about the Elusive tames that have rare recolours and are summoned from skinning from WoWhead but I can't seem to find a thread/list of what they look like? Just wondering if I've missed any here. Thank you :D

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Thread or any info for the Rare Skinning Tames?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is the teal and purple ice bear variants, found on the Elusive Rimeclaw Bear.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:17 am It is the teal and purple ice bear variants, found on the Elusive Rimeclaw Bear.
I mean I heard there's supposed to be more than that though? Like over 20, including Elusive Rockfang and other species that aren't bears ^^ I was wondering if there is any ongoing discussion here or a list.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Flyra wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:57 am
Valnaaros wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:17 am It is the teal and purple ice bear variants, found on the Elusive Rimeclaw Bear.
I mean I heard there's supposed to be more than that though? Like over 20, including Elusive Rockfang and other species that aren't bears ^^ I was wondering if there is any ongoing discussion here or a list.
Oh! Yes, there are other beasts that can be summoned by the bait that skinners can make, but none of them are special. They can be found on other mobs, and none of them retain their name after being tamed.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:38 am
Flyra wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:57 am
Oh! Yes, there are other beasts that can be summoned by the bait that skinners can make, but none of them are special. They can be found on other mobs, and none of them retain their name after being tamed.
Ah , I see! Thank you for your help!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or maybe I just have horrible RNG luck.

My hunter is a skinner with 28 points in Bait Crafter and 20 in the Mastery sub-specialization. I've been hoping to tame the green and/or purple ice bears. I craft bait and put it down outside the cave where the ice bears hang out south of Rhonin's Shield. I've tried placing it out in the open in front of the cave as well as dropping it as far into the cave as I can go and still be 'outside.'

I've tried over 40 times now and always seem to get primarily elusive bakars and bruffalon, with the occasional slyvern. I don't even spawn a regular ice bear. It's disheartening.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I always put the bait outside of the cave - about halfway between the cave entrance and the hill opposite of it. It is possible that it is just bad luck or something has been changed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's probably just rotten luck, since their appearance chance is so low :(

I barely even try anymore, since I irreversibly crushed my chances by increasing my bait skill too much.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

While I’m proud of owning a purple polar bear, at the same time, it is/was a hard tiring grind to even get a single polar bear whether it’s the color or not to spawn, plus there were a bunch more mobs that spawned over bears, I think those unique colors should have a easier source to tame them rather than sacrificing or even partaking in the skinning profession and just grind until you have the necessary points to tame them
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Well, last night I swung by on my way through the zone and the purple one actually spawned. I'll admit I got greedy and tried again once I was able to get rid of the bait cooldown. That time it just spawned a slyvern.

But at least I got one of them. I'll probably try for the green one now and then, but I'm not going to do it regularly. The chance of even getting an ordinary bear just seems way too low.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

So finally got my alt's skinning up to the needed '20 mastery and 10 in bait crafting, and I'm putting the bait near 64, 29. I've gotten one silver / gray bear but the rest have all been slyverns and buffalo / moose things.

I know it's very random but should I just keep trying at this level or should I inch up the mastery or crafting at all? Or just try different areas in that general spot?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:46 am So finally got my alt's skinning up to the needed '20 mastery and 10 in bait crafting, and I'm putting the bait near 64, 29. I've gotten one silver / gray bear but the rest have all been slyverns and buffalo / moose things.

I know it's very random but should I just keep trying at this level or should I inch up the mastery or crafting at all? Or just try different areas in that general spot?

I would just keep trying. There isn't anything in particular that you can do to make the bear spawn more often. Once you have the necessary skills it is just a matter of chance.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

okay thanks!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help :)