Another Unexpected DF Tame!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Another Unexpected DF Tame!

Unread post by worgpower »

B5009EA6-88DE-4054-96E0-117AD309F559.jpeg
B5009EA6-88DE-4054-96E0-117AD309F559.jpeg (229.3 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
i had hoped for it not to be hotfixed but I managed to snag one
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I went on a taming spree on Saturday, when I finally unlocked lesser dragonkin. While traveling around I swung by and tamed two of these little guys. They're so darned derpy looking that I couldn't resist.

Just as with the baby elekks that were tameable for a while, I know they might get taken away or replaced, but hey, I'll enjoy them while I can.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vasania, gatekeeping is not something you are supposed to do in the Secret Finder's Discord. It's literally part of the Discord. And if you discuss it in a public discord like that, people are free to discuss it other places in public. Again, part of the discord.

Anyway, I tamed two of them just in case.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

Update: After two resets, the foal remains tameable! :)

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I know a bear cub was also tameable the first few days when Dragonflight launched, but by the time I found the NPC in game it was already fixed without anyone mentioning it anywhere I think.
Since I was still leveling at the time and didn't know if this npc even existed in the game, I didn't investigate it further
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Kinda hope one of these days they add lil' guys like this to the mix for keeps. I'm totally not thinking of Runty! But if we're given the option to kill and skin a mob, we should be allowed to give them a good home instead. :cry:

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Aroim wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:16 pm I know a bear cub was also tameable the first few days when Dragonflight launched, but by the time I found the NPC in game it was already fixed without anyone mentioning it anywhere I think.
Since I was still leveling at the time and didn't know if this npc even existed in the game, I didn't investigate it further
That was beta, didn't make it to live iirc
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

Aroim wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:16 pm I know a bear cub was also tameable the first few days when Dragonflight launched, but by the time I found the NPC in game it was already fixed without anyone mentioning it anywhere I think.
The bear cub was only in beta. I leveled to 65 in the first day of dragonflight and got the mammoths so I could post here about them. I tried the bear cub the same day and all of them(as far as I'm aware) were flagged untamable.

Edit: Dialga beat me to it lol
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Ijomi wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:46 am Update: After two resets, the foal remains tameable! :)
Resets doesn't always include a patch, except the weekly one which ALWAYS have somekind of fix for major issues, like exploits and glitches that can disrupt the game for everyone. EU had several resets without any patches in the last week, mostly for server issues, and I think US may have been the same. Even so, if it stays up a bit more that's good for anyone who hasn't tamed it, but I don't expect it to stay up if it gets too popular, as I said before.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

I updated that it was still tameable. I'm not sure why you felt the need to "correct" me when I never said anything about hotfixes. Hotfixes were yesterday, though, five days after I made the original post in two places actual WoW employees are known to haunt. So I didn't actually need "correcting" in either case.

That said, I'm tired of this. If I want to know the ways of the WoW devs, I will ask the WoW devs, not some rando who has no actual ties to the devs. What is the reason you're still even bothering with this post? I mean, yes, you've certainly said before, again, and again, that the ~best ones are kept secret~, yadda yadda, I get it. It's going to be unflagged, "too popular" because I told The Secret, I really do get it. I'd suggest you make your own thread, as everything that needed to be said here has been said here, but secrets and all leave little to post about, I guess. Unless it's AFKing in Dalaran, ofc.

You keep claiming you Don't Care I let it be known this mob was tameable, but holy moly you never seem to miss a chance to say ~was nice while it lasted, that's why things should be kept secret~.

But you've really said it enough at this point. Drop it.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=197666/grizzled-cub this was the one i saw, I think
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Aroim wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:17 am https://www.wowhead.com/npc=197666/grizzled-cub this was the one i saw, I think
Yeah, this one. There were others too but that's the only ID which had just the cub model, anything else was with adults too.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Few things, since apparently my last post was ignored:

- this isn't a public forum. I own it. You aren't free to say or post anything, though it's very rare that I have to enforce any posting policy, but when I do it's final.

- I repeat: do not post anything that encourages others to keep unintended tames secret. That goes for any other unintended game mechanics or exploits.

- I've deleted a bunch of arguments from this thread. Please keep it civil and adhere to what I said above. It's very, very rare that I've had to ban anyone, but I will if this is ignored.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.