Ottuk taming

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Ottuk taming

Unread post by Wain »

I just wanted to mention something about ottuk taming, for those who don't know:

The skill becomes account-wide, and you can earn it on a NON-hunter character, if that suits you better!

I was really slow with Iskaara rep and only just got Ottuk taming 2 days ago. I did the quest on my shaman (who has the highest Iskaara rep), but can tame ottuks on my hunter.

Once you reach renown 11, an NPC will show up, wherever you are, and offer you the quest "A Lost Tribe". This small chain leads to the Waking Shores, and you'll be granted the taming skill at the end of the chain.

Some people have reported that the quest hasn't popped for them, but thankfully it worked fine for me.

OttukTaming.png
OttukTaming.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1008 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Ottuk taming

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I was just able to tame them yesterday, love them! However, the part of the quest where you find the chieftain's pet was sooooooo sad. :(
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Thought for a moment you meant that once you had it on your hunter, all your non-hunter alts could also tame Ottuks :)
erictks
Realm: illidan

Unread post by erictks »

Anyone checked their baby ?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dewclaw wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:14 am I was just able to tame them yesterday, love them! However, the part of the quest where you find the chieftain's pet was sooooooo sad. :(
It was 😢
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Insect Man wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:44 pm Thought for a moment you meant that once you had it on your hunter, all your non-hunter alts could also tame Ottuks :)
That would be fun 😂