Pet Attack Macro?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
dantey

Pet Attack Macro?

Unread post by dantey »

I hope it is a right place to post this here,

Hey I’ve been trying to figure out how to get a pet attack macro going here. I found one that works, it applies Hunter’s Mark and my little hardy charges my target but a big pop-up tells me I’m using something outside of the Blizzard UI function and I’m not really sure what I’m doing wrong that causes that?gbwhatsapp

In any case, if there is something I can do about this without the dumb pop-up that would be great, I’ve just been having to use Ctrl+1 over an dover and I mean it works but it’s kinda annoying…
Last edited by dantey on Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Pet Attack Macro?

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

can't really say what may be wrong with it without seeing the macro in question. I know if you are trying to macro two abilities together that have a global cd it wont work.
I usually just make a macro for my main shots that attaches a pet attack command to the end of it. Sadly i cant copy the exact macro right now since the servers are down but my macros tend to look something like this

/targetenemy [noharm][dead] <--- (this part is optional. it auto targets the nearest enemy for you like tab target will. though if you are not careful you can accidentally pull trash)
/cast Arcane Shot <---- (replace arcane shot with whatever spells you want)
/petattack <--- (pet will attack whatever target you are focus attacking and switch focus when you do)

Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

You can use two methods: cast sequence or modifiers.

Cast sequence will use your spells one after the other, based on what is listed in the macro. Each cast is one spell in the sequence.

#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack
/castsequence Hunter's Mark, Kill Command
/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)

Modifiers will use one spell OR the other, based on a key you press along with the macro.

#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack
/cast [nomod] Hunter's Mark
/cast [mod:shift] Kill Command
/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)

If you don't want anything else but casting Hunter's Mark and your pet attacking the target, then the macro is very simple.

#showtooltip Hunter's Mark
/petattack
/cast Hunter's Mark
/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Id like to that if this is for Classic you should turn off Growl and add /use Growl that way your pet doesn't waste Focus growling when they have enough aggro. :mrgreen:

hatakerandy
Realm: Grave Danger

Unread post by hatakerandy »

dantey wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:23 am I hope it is a right place to post this here,

Hey I’ve been trying to figure out how to get a pet attack macro going here. I found one that works, it applies Hunter’s Mark and my little hardy charges my target but a big pop-up tells me I’m using something outside of the Blizzard UI function and I’m not really sure what I’m doing wrong that causes that?\

In any case, if there is something I can do about this without the dumb pop-up that would be great, I’ve just been having to use Ctrl+1 over an dover and I mean it works but it’s kinda annoying…
It will help, just create a simple pet attack macro without any additional commands or abilities. For example: /petattack. Test this basic macro to see if it triggers the popup warning. If it doesn't, gradually add more commands or abilities to the macro until you identify the specific line that causes the issue.