(Create) Passive Sound Addon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fudge
Realm: Zul'Jin

(Create) Passive Sound Addon

Unread post by Fudge »

Hi all,

I was wondering, anyone know of any (or thought about making) an addon that passively plays some pet sounds for your active pet? I don't mean like making the sounds uniquely, more along the lines of an addon that can check active pet and at random intervals (during non-combat) play script sounds of that pet's class (ie; /script PlaySound(85643) for pups, etc). I currently have a few scripts in with random spells like when I heal my pet or summon them, but it'd be cool to have something that just randomly does this.

There are few and far between pets that have any passive sounds, this would make it so that the hunter could hear their pet without annoying other players. Just seems like it would add a level of immersion that we've been missing for a while.
Fudge

Re: (Create) Passive Sound Addon

Unread post by Fudge »

Was really hoping for some feedback, lots of looking, no replying :-(
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't have any knowledge of how to make addons, but you could try posting this in places like the WoW forums or the subreddit perhaps, or look into addon communities where you might find more people with the capability?
Fudge

Unread post by Fudge »

I've thought about it, but this is probably the best place for it.... since this is the primary demographic of people who might want to use it. If I had any idea how to make an addon I might try it. I'm literally talking about it just running something like (/run PlaySound(11466, “Dialog”)) where it would play at random interval based on the particular pet you had out (Doesn't make sense for it to play a cat sound if you've got a bird out, etc). Maybe I'll look more into how to make an addon and give this a try.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's a nice idea! Please let us know if you find such an addon or make one yourself.