Vorquin foal taming?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Alchimie
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Vorquin foal taming?

Unread post by Alchimie »

Quick question for anyone with PTR access. Does the foal change to a normal Vorquin on the PTR or will we have to wait until the patch drops to know?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Alchimie wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:09 pm Quick question for anyone with PTR access. Does the foal change to a normal Vorquin on the PTR or will we have to wait until the patch drops to know?
They remain unchanged on the PTR as of right this second, so it seems reasonable that will still be the case tomorrow. They could always change it later down the line but for now they seem to be in the clear.
Vephriel

Update with today's patch: the baby vorquin that we have tamed are safe and unchanged, the wild ones are no longer tameable, so we have a retired grandfathered pet.

To me it would be cruel to change or take them away later if they weren't already today, so I think it's a good sign.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050223_134040.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050223_134040.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 9648 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

There was plenty of time to tame them, so hopefully everyone who cared got at least one. Thanks to the devs for giving people an entire major patch's time to tame it.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Vephriel wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:44 pm Update with today's patch: the baby vorquin that we have tamed are safe and unchanged, the wild ones are no longer tameable, so we have a retired grandfathered pet.

To me it would be cruel to change or take them away later if they weren't already today, so I think it's a good sign.
There's no exploit involved and they do nothing gamebreaking, it's very unlikely that Blizzard will remove them and it never happened for that kind of tames. Unless they choose to be even more rude, it will prolly never happen.
Vephriel

Vesania wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:04 pm There's no exploit involved and they do nothing gamebreaking, it's very unlikely that Blizzard will remove them and it never happened for that kind of tames. Unless they choose to be even more rude, it will prolly never happen.
I agree, I just don't like to speak in definites without knowing with certainty, but I'm very confident that these will be staying. :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I am so thankful to Blizzard for not taking away our baby foals if what I've been reading is still true that as of right now they are still there just not tamable anymore which is fine since I got as many as I wanted on each hunter I wanted to tame them on plus Blizzard has been so gracious to us hunters allowing us to keep taming them for as long as they did before fixing them. Thank you Blizzard for allowing hunters to tame these cute babies and for leaving them as is after the fix.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’m also thankful for taming one, since the hotfix, they have been removed from the Wow armory page just like the baby mammoth, you still have the pets intact in the game, they just won’t appear there, so you may have one or two or more depending on how many tames than the pet number displayed on armory, but a pet like this reached a new record for longest time being tameable before hotfix, besides the grubs of course, if not, longer than the grubs
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

The tamed foals have been changed to regular blue Vorquin on the 10.1.5 PTR. Unclear if this is a bug or not, as it's rather odd not to just push out that change with a normal patch day like the wolves, fire pets, ect, but I'd be wary in preparation, just in case.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's odd for them to change the appearance of an already tamed pet. Usually they just leave them, if they're beasts, or make them unusable as combat pets if they're not.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Wain wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:18 am That's odd for them to change the appearance of an already tamed pet. Usually they just leave them, if they're beasts, or make them unusable as combat pets if they're not.
Garwal, the Maw's elemental and all of those kind of NPCs got entirely removed, disappeared from the stables of those who tamed them. The same thing of this foal happened with the wolf pup back in Legion, which first got removed from the taming table and, after sometime, model changed into a white worg. It's not the first time that Blizzard removes or changes non-gamebreaking pets, for some reason. I'm down for anything that can affect the game itself, but most of those were just visual pets.
Last edited by Vesania on Mon May 22, 2023 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

If this is indeed true and after the patch goes live and we lose our foals for no reason at all then that seals the deal and I am forever walking away from the game these foals are nowhere as bad as those wolf puppies anyone could just walk up and tame one as long as you met the requirements. I was looking forward to this patch since regular flight was coming back and as such forced to dragon glide meant I have been out of game for several months now. Now with them pulling this stunt and me already unsubbed over them caving to players feeling "forced" to do world quests due to no self control going to make it much easier to uninstall forever.

Ball is in Blizzards court they are obviously hurting for subs with all the free trials and sales for dragonflight as well as releasing regular flight this early I hope this is just a bug as the PTR is known to be buggy.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Great news for baby mammoth owners, the appearance still hasn’t changed or been removed
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sad this is happening to those of us lucky to get a foal but had no chance for a mammoth or a direhorn or anything else they got and was kept now this is going to sound spiteful but since Blizzard is going to screw over the foals then they need to also remove the rest of them. Remove the mammoths, direhorns, those tamed with some glitch from way back get them out of here why should some be allowed to stay and others taken away this has nothing to do with the puppies those were a bonafide glitch but the foals were same as mammoths walk up and hit tame beast. Do it Blizzard all or nothing either keep the foals as is along with the others or remove them all what is fair for one must be for rest.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Iowawolf wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:39 pm Sad this is happening to those of us lucky to get a foal but had no chance for a mammoth or a direhorn or anything else they got and was kept now this is going to sound spiteful but since Blizzard is going to screw over the foals then they need to also remove the rest of them. Remove the mammoths, direhorns, those tamed with some glitch from way back get them out of here why should some be allowed to stay and others taken away this has nothing to do with the puppies those were a bonafide glitch but the foals were same as mammoths walk up and hit tame beast. Do it Blizzard all or nothing either keep the foals as is along with the others or remove them all what is fair for one must be for rest.
Demanding other people be retroactively punished due to an unfair decision that isn't their fault is not fair or kind to your fellow hunters. Sharing unique pet discoveries with fellow hunters comes with the risk that popularization begets a higher chance at intervention; it's a risk everyone takes when they post here, and when someone does share a new discovery, it's to spread joy. If someone wants to keep something to themselves - and they have - they very rarely ever lose the pets, even after the fix goes through. I can name three off the top of my head that have escaped broad notice for years, even if I wasn't the one to get them. So, when something is shared, understand that said sharer is doing it to be kind and often understands they themselves may lose the pet in turn, all for the sake of helping others experience that same joy and pride in ownership. Demanding others also experience pain by having their pets taken away - especially when you are Not the one who discovered the initial source of joy that you are now grieving, and relied on a fellow hunter's kindness - is spiteful, as you said. I understand you are angry, though, and this is a common response I saw during the wolf era too.

Back in the day, I spent $120 of my own money boosting a new account/warlock, running group finders, and advertising in trade to help as many people as possible obtain the wolf pups. Didn't have to, got my own from a friend, but I took the time and money to do it to help the community. When the pups were taken away, I was disappointed, but I was even more disappointed by the reaction that I saw of people clamoring for the direhorns to now be removed for 'fairness' - because *I* was a Direhorn owner, and even further back I'd put 70k gold (back when 70k gold was a lot...) into buying others time to help fellow hunters get the direhorns too. I'd put forth money, time and energy to help the community, and seeing those who were hurt and grieving lash out at their fellow hunters to try and make them feel pain too, hurt a lot! Really dating myself here but I also noticed it in the Garwal era too, that on the forums people were demanding he be removed, not because he was a humanoid, but because they felt it was unfair their main hunter had completed the quest chain and would never have a chance to get him.

I get the anger, I do, I just wanted to share that and ask those that are hurt and angry to step back, take a breath and if needed, direct that hurt to Blizzard so they hear it, not lash out at your fellow hunters.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Been asking on twitter and wow forums to keep the foals as they are since they are in line with mammoth and dire horn why remove one for "reasons" yet let others remain. How fair is this to hunters they need to be consistent in their stance either pets like the foal and mammoth remain or both are gone all this is doing is driving players away.

Even the dire horns could be a glitch tame since you needed a warlock to summon you there just to try and tame while the foals are open world I walked up and hit tame beast no help.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Iowawolf wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:09 pm Been asking on twitter and wow forums to keep the foals as they are since they are in line with mammoth and dire horn why remove one for "reasons" yet let others remain. How fair is this to hunters they need to be consistent in their stance either pets like the foal and mammoth remain or both are gone all this is doing is driving players away.
What you are asking for is for Blizzard to be "fair" when it comes to giving or taking away x item/ability/buff etc. Unfortunately, due to the size of the game (as it has expanded over almost 2 decades) and the finite development resources, rarely is Blizzard able to be truly fair and even-handed with anything they do with the game anymore. Also, with the way that the ToS are written, Blizzard reserve the right to basically do anything they want with the game and when you click "Agree", you are accepting that fact.

I know it sucks, but there's really nothing you can do, short of starting a huge signatory group and bombard Blizzard with bad PR that they can't ignore. As they say; "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Wain wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:18 am That's odd for them to change the appearance of an already tamed pet. Usually they just leave them, if they're beasts, or make them unusable as combat pets if they're not.
Didnt they do that with some of the cats and spiders in the past? I could of swore some of the cats i tamed had changed after they changed the looks.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Noguchi wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:19 pm
Didnt they do that with some of the cats and spiders in the past? I could of swore some of the cats i tamed had changed after they changed the looks.
Last xpac there were tameable elementals that were quickly hotfixed in a day, everything they had were removed, call pet icon, abilities, etc
Vephriel

worgpower wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:46 pm Last xpac there were tameable elementals that were quickly hotfixed in a day, everything they had were removed, call pet icon, abilities, etc
I actually still have the fire elementals, they're invisible boxes in my stable and I never use them outside, but they exist and I can call them if I wanted to. I prefer not to as they're a glitched pet and don't have any functional abilities. The one fun aspect is that since I use the glyphed Dire Beast they sometimes show up as my random dire beast summons.