Vorquin foal taming?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Vorquin foal taming?

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Vesania wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 am Everyone is so obsessed with those foals, never saw this hype for other similar tames lol
Here's (probably) every reason;
- Baby model, which is always something worth grabbing
- Huge when tamed because of scaling
- Broken model; its head folds into its body when it rears up. Ever seen a pelican clean its floppy neck? Same energy, just less nightmare fuel.
- Has playful animal sounds that it does on its own without needing to click on it.
- Has an idle animation that has it dance.
- Has another idle animation where it bounces around like a goat tripping on caffeine.
- Locked behind a very late reputation level in a timeline where Blizzard fixing fun things quickly (most of the time)
- It has a nice color palette, just like its normal counterpart
And most importantly;
- Blizzard has NOT made it untameable after weeks, unlike how they do fixes within a week (at most) for other tameable babies

The thing's an anomaly. A very much welcomed one. The other babies deserved love too, but the Foal is pretty much a rock star in a local cafe right now.
Maria wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:26 pm I cant seem to tame them.. is there a specific place i need to go to?
Are you going to the right spot? They're only tameable in a weird location in the mountains of Thaldrazsus.
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=191006/tund ... n-foal#map

EDIT: On a funny note, I just found a tweet that showed the Vorquin Foal having been tamed on New Year's Eve, almost two weeks before the thread revealing it was posted on the forums. It was even tweeted to and liked by @wowpetopia, but he probably didn't think it was a tame at the time lol.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:27 pm
Vesania wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 am Everyone is so obsessed with those foals, never saw this hype for other similar tames lol
Here's (probably) every reason;
- Broken model; its head folds into its body when it rears up. Ever seen a pelican clean its floppy neck? Same energy, just less nightmare fuel.
- Has playful animal sounds that it does on its own without needing to click on it.
- Has another idle animation where it bounces around like a goat tripping on caffeine.
- Locked behind a very late reputation level in a timeline where Blizzard fixing fun things quickly (most of the time)
And most importantly;
- Blizzard has NOT made it untameable after weeks, unlike how they do fixes within a week (at most) for other tameable babies

The thing's an anomaly. A very much welcomed one. The other babies deserved love too, but the Foal is pretty much a rock star in a local cafe right now.
Makes sense, but again: the hype is so high that you feel it in the air. What I like about them is mostly the muzzle, it's adorable.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Having missed out on so many of these types of pets or just even having one stolen from me by Blizzard my hype lies in thinking this is the one, this time I am finally going to have a baby animal as a hunter pet and being a horse makes it that sweeter as a horse lover. Way back during MOP hunters were taming those baby direhorns from Thunder Isle as hard as I tried to find a way there before time ran out it never happened as I watched Blizzard slam that door in my face. Recently we had the mammoth tamings and as usual I missed out because I was taking my time leveling yet if I had known about them I would have tried to go just a little faster but I failed to check this site when it was being talked about so again Blizzard slammed the door in my face.

I really want these to remain tamable for others not only because they are so cute and make great pets but after #Puppygate Blizzard needs a win with hunters if you don't remember puppygate hunters went into the druid area during Legion and were taming those wolf puppies until Blizzard closed the door but the sad part was unlike the direhorn and mammoth we lost the puppies. Day after Blizzard fixed it we hunters who had them logged on and was greeted by some old ugly worthless wolf never had I abandoned a pet so fast.

Which is also why I am confident these foals will remain we have been through so many restarts already and I am seeing others with them as well as I now am using mine in DF so they know we are taming them but because they aren't hurting anyone just like the mammoths and direhorns they may in time mark them as untamable but they will let us keep them.

That is part of the hype you may feel also us hunters who look for this stuff and getting the chance as well as all those now hitting 23 and taming their own adds to the excitement.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Iowawolf wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:21 am I really want these to remain tamable for others not only because they are so cute and make great pets but after #Puppygate Blizzard needs a win with hunters if you don't remember puppygate hunters went into the druid area during Legion and were taming those wolf puppies until Blizzard closed the door but the sad part was unlike the direhorn and mammoth we lost the puppies. Day after Blizzard fixed it we hunters who had them logged on and was greeted by some old ugly worthless wolf never had I abandoned a pet so fast.
The pup was different though, since it wasn't just a mis-flagged NPC but required what is called area exploitation: anything that makes you going to zones where you shouldn't be. Blizzard HARD BANNED anyone who used similar things from vanilla and I think they still do such; examples are people going to GM's Island or Hyjal before release, methods like SecondWorld and more. Hunters are lucky they didn't got banned, since entering the Druid's enclave is zone exploitation in every possible way, yet Blizzard was too harsh by removing the pet entirely, mostly because it's just a visual thing.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Maria wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:26 pm I cant seem to tame them.. is there a specific place i need to go to?
Find them at these locations: - https://www.wowhead.com/npc=191006/tundra-vorquin-foal
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Darknez wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:55 am
Find them at these locations: - https://www.wowhead.com/npc=191006/tundra-vorquin-foal
Thank you :).

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Logged on for just a sec to see about my babies since we had a reset today and was relieved to see them both still here which means others who also have them didn't lose them and they must still be tamable which is a welcome change. But the funny thing is if you ever look at them using animal companion when you first log on one always is bigger then the other may not be able to tell in top two but the bottom you can and these are from just now.

"Here's (probably) every reason;
And most importantly;
- Blizzard has NOT made it untameable after weeks, unlike how they do fixes within a week (at most) for other tameable babies"

Wanted to add to this great list of why hunters are so in love with these little guys I noticed it yesterday since been using mine now all the time on Dragon Isles due to being tired of hiding them since Blizzard knows hunters are taming them.

When swimming in water not too deep but enough where you can still breathe look at your foals they act like real horses and actually have their heads above water not sure about other pets will have to check but found this just too cute.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

I think we can assume that Blizz intentionally lets us tame these foals and it's time we just put the info about them on the Petopia Stag page, imho.
Rabenschrey
Realm: EU-Thrall

Unread post by Rabenschrey »

Hello everyone, i'm new here. Been a lurker for quite some time now and thought maybe i can contribute to this page and share my love for hunter pets with my fellow hunters :)
I'm only playing hunter. My stable is full with 200 pets. Except for the different color variations of the spirit beasts porcupines (i have Hutia), i have every spirit beast, no longer obtainable quest pets, spawned pets, out of zone pets, every tameable dungeon and raid pet, every tameable world boss and much much more... I love each and everyone of them and it's a shame, that Blizzard only gives us 200 slots and many beautiful pets aren't even tameable.
These two cuties are my newest addition. The funny thing is, they were the same size when i tamed them yesterday and the same size today. I logged out for a while and logged just back in, and the animal companion shrinked in size :D

Also yesterday i finally got my hands on both Deepglider and Soundless. I've waited for Deepglider almost 3 hrs. and Soundless for almost freakin' 7 hrs. Deepglider even spawned a second time while i was waiting for Soundless. I only waited longer for Gib the Banana Hoarder and Arcturis.
No i'm not unemployed but working from home from time to time :D Most of the spirit beasts were tamed during the hight of Corona, were one was basically jailed at home.
Sorry, didn't meant to write that much. Hunter is life. There is nothing better. If you mind check out my stable on the arsenal.
Thanks for the main page and the forum :)

English isn't my native tongue, so sorry for some weird sentences.

Greetings from Germany :)

PS: My stable:

Last edited by Rabenschrey on Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Always nice to see a new foal, and good timing; on the 10.1 PTR, it was reported that they're no longer tameable, so it's good you got your two foals before tuesday! What addon do you use for your stable? It doesn't look familiar.
Rabenschrey

Yes, i've read that it seems possible they will be no longer tameable with 10.1 so i catched them before they're gone.
The Addon is called "Aspect of the Hunter". Unfortunately the last update was for 10.0.0 so sometimes it's a little bit buggy, but not very often.
I'm on the devs discord, but he is very quiet when it comes to an update.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/a ... the-hunter
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's an unfortunate thing, but the foal does technically count as a glitch. It's just incredible that they let us tame it for so long, unlike other baby appearances.

Thanks for the link. I've been in dire need of a sorting button for the stable.
Rabenschrey

I can't really tell with pets what a glitch is and what not. for example:

This one is from an assault in Legion iirc. These courser running very fast outside of the zone and you have to frost trap them through a barrier to tame them.

This is Shadow of Dambala from a Night Fae only campaign quest. Not sure if this was ever intended to be tamed.

This one is from one of or the last campaign quest in Zuldazar(?). You have to get of your vehicle in a specific spot to stay in the zone, then this bad boy is tameable.

Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Rabenschrey wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:45 am Yes, i've read that it seems possible they will be no longer tameable with 10.1 so i catched them before they're gone.
The Addon is called "Aspect of the Hunter". Unfortunately the last update was for 10.0.0 so sometimes it's a little bit buggy, but not very often.
I'm on the devs discord, but he is very quiet when it comes to an update.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/a ... the-hunter
I use a similar one, which is more simple and very clean:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/i ... able-frame
FeralBetaKitten
Realm: Dreanor

Unread post by FeralBetaKitten »

Anyone else remember that cute little wolf pup you could tame in legion but only if a warlock summoned you to the druid class hall? Not quite the class hall, but the meadow with all those portals, that ONLY DRUIDS CAN GET TO.

I had that pup for months. They fixed it and if you had unsummoned and resummon it would fix itself so I just refused to do so forever. I hope they don't do the same to this foal. I just got it a few days ago after finally getting dragon taming lol
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

@Rabenschrey
The courser is probably the closest thing to being an exploit without being one. You, the player, can't go past the barrier, but everything else can. It was just meant to keep you from running out and seeing how empty the instanced area is (and falling off to your death. Found that out the hard way lol). Shadow of Dambala isn't a glitch at all. It's just a summoned NPC that happened to not be controlled, and it happened to be tameable. A welcome gift in an otherwise unwelcome expansion. The undead devilsaur is definitely a glitch pet since you have to use an exploit to tame it. It's just an overlooked exploit because it's entirely harmless, unlike other exploits that tend to make use of things that can actually cause unforseen consequences.

To determine if something a glitch or not, ask yourself this; "can I just walk up and tame it?", and if the answer does not have any loopholes behind it (aside from requirements like taming books or mechanics like Chimaeron and the spirit beast porcupines), then it's perfectly fine. The foal is on the same level as the courser, being that it just happens to be available when it's likely not intended. In the end, just accept whatever happens with it. If Blizzard fixes the taming method but lets us keep the look, then good. If they fix it and change the look, then so be it (you're absolutely entitled to being displeased with that outcome, of course).

@ FeralBetaKitten
Good old wolf pup, the one glitch tame that was justifiably fixed due to being a disruptive exploit, but had unwanted side effects. The model change was rude and unnecessary, and everyone agreed on that. Shame we can't fix their mistake and get our pups back after all these years.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:16 pm
Good old wolf pup, the one glitch tame that was justifiably fixed due to being a disruptive exploit, but had unwanted side effects. The model change was rude and unnecessary, and everyone agreed on that. Shame we can't fix their mistake and get our pups back after all these years.
Actually, they only half-removed the wolf pup. If you had used Essence Swapper to give Hati the wolf pup appearance, that stayed even after the model change. So those of us with pup-Hati got to keep that until the end of Legion, when the second pet changed from using Essence Swapper to the first stable slot.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:16 pm @Rabenschrey
The courser is probably the closest thing to being an exploit without being one. You, the player, can't go past the barrier, but everything else can. It was just meant to keep you from running out and seeing how empty the instanced area is (and falling off to your death. Found that out the hard way lol). Shadow of Dambala isn't a glitch at all. It's just a summoned NPC that happened to not be controlled, and it happened to be tameable. A welcome gift in an otherwise unwelcome expansion. The undead devilsaur is definitely a glitch pet since you have to use an exploit to tame it. It's just an overlooked exploit because it's entirely harmless, unlike other exploits that tend to make use of things that can actually cause unforseen consequences.

To determine if something a glitch or not, ask yourself this; "can I just walk up and tame it?", and if the answer does not have any loopholes behind it (aside from requirements like taming books or mechanics like Chimaeron and the spirit beast porcupines), then it's perfectly fine. The foal is on the same level as the courser, being that it just happens to be available when it's likely not intended. In the end, just accept whatever happens with it. If Blizzard fixes the taming method but lets us keep the look, then good. If they fix it and change the look, then so be it (you're absolutely entitled to being displeased with that outcome, of course).

@ FeralBetaKitten
I never understood that model change from Blizzard, honestly. It wasn't gamebreaking like the campfire or whatever; it was a wolf pup, a very huge wolf pup, that gave no negative consequences...maybe being too cute and leading to wipes during progress, because players kept looking at it. They kept similar ones, like the direhorn hatchlings, during those same years, yet they wanted to be plain rude for no reasons with the Dreamway Prowler Pup. Garwal had a similar, unjustified treatment; no one considered having a worgen as "enslaving someone" and actually players got very upset because it was so unnecessary.
Rabenschrey

@WerebearGuy: Thanks for explaining. I've learned a lot over the last couple of months i've been lurking here.

@Vesania: I'm using your suggestion now. sadly, no sorting but a searching option. got no lua errors so far and it runs smoothly. Thanks!

I'm currently looking for a specific toy but can't find it. I saw it in a video a few days ago but can't remember the name. It does little damage to low level hostile npcs so that they will still live. It's not the soft foam sword. I want another spirit beast porcupine and it seems a perfect toy for this. Any clues?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Friendly reminder for anyone who still does not have a cute(?) baby dinosaur deer that, unless something changes, today is the last day to tame them. On the PTR for patch 10.1, which releases tomorrow (check your local times), the foal was confirmed earlier to not be tameable anymore. Remember that you need to be at least Renown 27 with Valdrakken Accord, and talk to the stable master in Valdrakken (doesn't show as a quest on the map, but it is a quest that unlocks at this rep level) to learn how to tame Lesser Dragonkin. The foal is located on a snowy peak at this location in Thaldraszus, and don't require anything but an empty stable slot to tame. Get it now before it's too late! Grind that Wrathion/Sabellion rep, do any quests that award rep, and get your foals before they're gone.