Forgotten Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Plagues

Forgotten Gryphon

Unread post by Plagues »

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Forgotten Gryphon

Unread post by Maizou »

No, it used to be tameable before level 70, but I believe they patched that. I could be wrong.

And people haven't been able to get Level Sync to work since a couple days after I managed to level sync Slurpo tame.

I think Blizzard just decided they didn't want us taming them. Though they really should just change it so we can tame them at 70 since so many did before 70 and before they fixed level syncing.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

I've just got a hunter to 66 and logged off in the right area, but I'm not sure how the scaling process kicks in - whether they stay a level below you for X amount of time, or X amount of percentage along your next level.
Couldn't tame it at 64, it was 66. Will try again at 18:30!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I tried at 64 and 2 minutes after hitting 65. No dice. Eventually I'll try it when I get my hunter to 70 and see if there is a short period of time where its level 70 with me.
But as it goes right now, it very much appears 'fixed'.

Siggy under construction!

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

:( I'll give it a shot, else fall back to the stag babies XD
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Logged back in, the creatures around me were still 65 (one level less than me), but when the gryph spawned in at 18:30 server time it was 67.
Maybe, with good timing, you can prepare to ding to the next level just after it spawns - and it only gains 1 level?

Very likely to be engaged by someone else at that point however. Nevermind...
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Darknez wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:33 pm Logged back in, the creatures around me were still 65 (one level less than me), but when the gryph spawned in at 18:30 server time it was 67.
Maybe, with good timing, you can prepare to ding to the next level just after it spawns - and it only gains 1 level?

Very likely to be engaged by someone else at that point however. Nevermind...
As I know, they changed the script itself to make the NPCs sync in difficulty as soon as you level up, not after some hours like the first weeks on release, which means you can no longer use that trick to tame gryphon and Slurpo. They're currently untamable until next expansion or somekind of change from Blizzard.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Boo hiss.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

You can still tame it; I just did a few days ago. You have to level up after it spawns.

To do so, you need to hand in Pet Battle quests that can be completed remotely.

Hoped on a low pop server and waited for it to spawn. As it did, I completed the quest, leveled up, and tamed it.

EDIT: Add my information

My first try was when I leveled from 62-63, I handed in the quest before it spawned and it failed. From my understanding, its level is based on yours is when it spawns, and not the ~15mins like other creatures. That's at's why when I tried again from 63-64 it worked.
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

It didn't work for me. I tried last night on my Nelf Hunter at level 69, it spawned at 71. I leveled up to 70 and it stayed 71 and couldn't be tamed. I'll try again on another Hunter before level 69.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

It's, unfortunately, been fixed for some time now.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

With the PTR wiping account data, I was able to test something I've suspected. With a clean account, I copied a level 70 Hunter which has not done the DF campaign. Forgotten Gryphon and Slurpo were level 64 and thus tameable.

The reason: initially creatures in DF zones have fixed levels. Once you get to a certain point at the end of the campaign, these zones change to have creatures scale with your level. This is an account-wide change; the purpose is to allow alts to level in whichever zone you want.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to go back to the fixed-levels world once you've completed the campaign on any character on your account. It is possible that level sync with a fresh-account character could work.