10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh cool! I guess I'll keep the no-ruff model variant then :) I was half convinced they weren't going to bother.

The white one looks like it has a yellow tinge, but it's probably just the lighting.

Update: I checked the display IDs and there are definitely no yellow-white hybrid looks yet, so it's just a white one. They do have tiny glints of yellow on them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm still holding out hope for the pink mice. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wowhead just posted that 10.1 releases on May 2nd. It's safe to say that we may not find any new things until launch, if anything new is added. I still haven't seen the blue phoenixes that are supposedly part of a Fyrak event in Azure Span, nor is there any indication where some of these others can be found like the tameable yellow magma sporebat or the shadowflame cobra. Oh well, we'll find out eventually!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Here’s a npc, I’ve mentioned once, it’s Ignara, https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/npc=202791/ignara
This phoenix is very unique even though it’s a raid boss that will probably not be tameable this expansion unless blizzard decides to flag her 70, she is a orange and red phoenix, so we finally have a creature using the combination look, and she matches the companion pet perfectly, I’m crossing my fingers to tame her
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, combo look phoenix at leasty gave me hope that they're willing to experiment! Hopefully there'll be some tameable ones.

Off topic, but I'm going to be in New Zealand for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. I'll still have access via phone and iPad, but probably can't edit the database. I certainly won't be uploading any new pics if new models are released, but there's not much chance of that happening now.

Don't break anything while I'm gone :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

have fun!
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Have fun, and take pics for us to see! :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Quick, Wain's gone. Time to post all the new tames and mounts nobody has mentioned yet so that he's got a ton of work to do when he gets back!
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Have fun, people say that the real world looks almost as good as 3d xd
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Some good news from the latest PTR build;
- Revive Pet now has a 2.5 second cast time (was 3 seconds).
- Revive Pet’s spell school is now Physical, and can no longer be stopped by Silence and Interrupt effects (was Nature).

Likewise, the database on Wowhead's ptr page shows 170 tameable beasts, up from 138. Of course, this probably includes a bunch of unimplemented things too, but that's still 42 more NPCs flagged as tameable and introduced in this patch. There are some tameables that stand out;
WoWScrnShot_040423_180134.jpg
WoWScrnShot_040423_180134.jpg (200.06 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
This pink mouse, called Lugear Mouse, comes with both neck ruff and bare neck variants. They can be found just north of Dragonscale Camp in Zaralek Caverns.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yay!!! I'm so glad the pink/purple mouse showed up. I hope it might be the same for the purple cobra.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Smoldering Hound is properly tameable as an exotic core hound! This thread is long so apologies if this isn't new, I didn't see any results doing a search for them
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_040423_151305.png
WoWScrnShot_040423_151305.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2517 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I think only the pups and the ones during Fyrakk's hissy fits were tameable before, outside of core hounds that were too high level. Good to see more options.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:04 pm Some good news from the latest PTR build;
- Revive Pet now has a 2.5 second cast time (was 3 seconds).
- Revive Pet’s spell school is now Physical, and can no longer be stopped by Silence and Interrupt effects (was Nature).

Likewise, the database on Wowhead's ptr page shows 170 tameable beasts, up from 138. Of course, this probably includes a bunch of unimplemented things too, but that's still 42 more NPCs flagged as tameable and introduced in this patch. There are some tameables that stand out;
WoWScrnShot_040423_180134.jpg
This pink mouse, called Lugear Mouse, comes with both neck ruff and bare neck variants. They can be found just north of Dragonscale Camp in Zaralek Caverns.
It’s nice to see another color tameable, I hope the flaming ones get added too, I also hope the new cobras get more tameable colors, and tameable flayers
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The hounds in that area have been tameable since the caverns have been open, as far as I am aware.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is a new mana wyrm with a unique appearance. The Empowered Wyrm has an effect to it that makes it appear brighter than the normal variant.
The one on the left is the Empowered Wyrm, the one on the right is just a normal wyrm that I tamed in Azsuna for comparison.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice find with the mouse! However, only the neck ruff variant can be found on that npc, not the bare one.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I've seen the one without the neck ruff. There was a batch of them on a rock, watching one sit on the rock. Two of them had neck ruff, while the rest were bare necks. I'll try to get a shot of them assuming I don't get a different phase.

EDIT: All of the ones here now have neck ruff. I swear I'm not going crazy. I know for sure I saw a couple without neck ruff earlier when I took the screenshot.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

According to the Wowhead DB, it only has a neck ruff variant. Using the ingame tool shows the same thing, as well.