10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Boven »

worgpower wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:55 pm
Boven wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:05 am Upon seeing the two mice I'd tamed on Tuesday, my raid leader declared that my main hunter is never allowed to use any other pets, ever.
They are the cutest new pet, even though I tamed one and added it to my stable collection, I don’t see myself using it anytime soon, since I don’t do max lvl PvP, when I try they have tons more health than me and ten times stronger
I did keep them out for the trash, but definitely did switch to a ferocity pet for the bosses. I'll use one now and then as the 2nd pet.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

When I entered Zaralek Caverns with a cunning pet, I barely even survived, I was always close to dying and same goes for the pet, but managed to survive thx to survival mastery, but using ferocity makes a huge different and keeps health pretty high on survival
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oh man I so want that, a Sambas style lion ghost beast? common Bliz, stop making all these cool things and then not let us tame them!
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Talihawk wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:40 am Oh man I so want that, a Sambas style lion ghost beast? common Bliz, stop making all these cool things and then not let us tame them!
Even if it was tamable, that ghostly effect is not part of the model and will almost surely dissappear once tamed.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Any sign of the blue Phoenix yet?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Treasurewhiskers was found by someone on wowhead/youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt7moDqU41Q
It appears to be a "special scent" when you ask your nose buddy to sniff inside of the Sniff & Seek minigame. The NPC drops coins as it walks, but as the player kills it (instead of taming it? For shame), I can't definitively say what it is. Considering Sniff & Seek is mainly minigames and I've not had any reason to use the sniff ability for the little nose nugget, I wonder how many times I've overlooked Treasurewhiskers.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:30 pm Treasurewhiskers was found by someone on wowhead/youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt7moDqU41Q
It appears to be a "special scent" when you ask your nose buddy to sniff inside of the Sniff & Seek minigame. The NPC drops coins as it walks, but as the player kills it (instead of taming it? For shame), I can't definitively say what it is. Considering Sniff & Seek is mainly minigames and I've not had any reason to use the sniff ability for the little nose nugget, I wonder how many times I've overlooked Treasurewhiskers.
Oh wow! I did all the sniffenseeks and never saw that one! I'll check it out. Thanks for letting me know!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Confirmed, found it by using Myritt's "Sniff" ability in the cave with the ghost lion, so it's possibly from any cave. I got the purple one unfortunately, but good news: IT KEEPS ITS NAME WHEN TAMED. Finally, another Dragonflight NPC that retains its name. Sadly, it doesn't keep dropping coins when it walks after being tamed, but still.
EDIT: Looks like I was slow, this was seen on twitter lol. Still, I know what to do to get a gold rat, and it keeps its name when tamed, so I'll be more wary. Just wish we got more maps...
WoWScrnShot_051023_092513.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051023_092513.jpg (171.54 KiB) Viewed 7797 times
WoWScrnShot_051023_092531.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051023_092531.jpg (202.42 KiB) Viewed 7797 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the further info on Treasurewhiskers! I'll keep updating its entry as we learn more of the finer details :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I found a tameable yellow magma shalehide!

The Contaminated Shalewing has a chance of spawning during Researchers Under Fire events, during the waves of attacking animals. I think it's during the "Affected Wildlife" phase, but please let me know if that part is wrong - it could also be the "Riled Up" phase.

If you're in a large group it's going to be hard to grab it before a tank or someone else grabs threat. I wasn't so lucky, but I was able to check that the tame spell was working on it before the tank pulled it back.

There's also a Contaminated Rock Cobra that can spawn during the same event, but it's not unique (there's already a common yellow magma cobra).
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Affected Wildlife, yes. Though, it bugged out on me and immediately ended the moment they spawned. I didn't get a chance to try taming them since everyone went balls to the wall right away, especially considering they spawned right on top of everyone. I'll keep trying since my day is clear of all distractions though. I think it was a level 70 elite, though with how fast people nuked it and how clustered everything was, I don't know if I saw the right level.

EDIT: I haven't seen the objective past the first time after I posted. It hasn't spawned at all. Definitely doesn't help that nobody's even doing them right now, but it's consistently been the same waves every time. The "Affected Wildlife" objective happened earlier at 6/12 completed tasks, but only the one time. Might be a daily thing?
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Wed May 10, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I had a feeling those shalewings would become tameable, but I’m loyal to my magma Shalewing and black one, and as for treasure whiskers, I’ll try to search for my favorite color, black and gold
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Treasurewhiskers appears to be 100% spawn chance in each dig, but requires the Renown 9 upgrade.

You can abandon the dig and come back later for another spawn, but you have to wait some time (30min?) for the instance to reset.

However, all I've seen is the purple version. Has anyone seen the gold one?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Good to know there's a reset timer. Shame I already completed my digs for the week... As for the gold, it's confirmed.
https://twitter.com/KerriJoyner11/statu ... 5380349957
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

A couple more resets and I found Yellowwhiskers. So I can confirm: it's just random, with yellow seemingly a much lower chance.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

ahh seems I didn't wait long enough. I tried resetting several times but the mouse was still there. I tried taming it once but that didn't seem to work either and I missed out on the 'treasure' whatever it might be. Thank you viaradda for having the patience to wait for so long for it to reset!

I so hope we aren't limited to just two digs a week. it's going to be a very long week other wise.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As of right now, we are only able to participate in three digs per week. As far as I know, there isn't any way to increase that.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated the Treasurewhiskers info with the fact it requires Renown 9. Thanks! :)
Archenemy
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Archenemy »

viaradda wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:07 pm A couple more resets and I found Yellowwhiskers. So I can confirm: it's just random, with yellow seemingly a much lower chance.
How long did you wait between resets, do you remember? :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So, nobody panic when I say this, especially since it's hasn't even been 24 hours since 10.1.5 popped up. This could just be Blizzard making a little hiccup, which isn't anything new. I'll make sure this part's evident, but this is on the 10.1.5 PTR, not even a day since it started. This could change, this may be inevitable. All I know is that it spooked me when I saw it.

This is our Tundra Vorquin Foal. They grew up in this patch and no longer have the baby model.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUH.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUH.png (185.77 KiB) Viewed 7595 times