10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Vesania »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:30 pm So, nobody panic when I say this, especially since it's hasn't even been 24 hours since 10.1.5 popped up. This could just be Blizzard making a little hiccup, which isn't anything new. I'll make sure this part's evident, but this is on the 10.1.5 PTR, not even a day since it started. This could change, this may be inevitable. All I know is that it spooked me when I saw it.

This is our Tundra Vorquin Foal. They grew up in this patch and no longer have the baby model.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUH.png
Pretty sure it's not a mistake, glitch or whatever, since you need to change the model ID from the NPC directly. As I said when the whole foal taming-thing was posted: if it gets popular, its gonna become a pup 2.0 and receive the same treatment. Yikes.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:30 pm So, nobody panic when I say this, especially since it's hasn't even been 24 hours since 10.1.5 popped up. This could just be Blizzard making a little hiccup, which isn't anything new. I'll make sure this part's evident, but this is on the 10.1.5 PTR, not even a day since it started. This could change, this may be inevitable. All I know is that it spooked me when I saw it.

This is our Tundra Vorquin Foal. They grew up in this patch and no longer have the baby model.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUH.png
Please tell me my baby mammoth didn’t grow up at all, if so, I’ll be sad forever
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

So far the mammoths seem unchanged. But the foal seems to be fixed.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

They let us tame them for two months only for them to change it on the next minor patch, blizzard was on to something
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, this is an intentional decision. This isn't something that could accidentally be done.
FeralBetaKitten
Realm: Dreanor

Unread post by FeralBetaKitten »

It's really sad that AFTER TWO MONTHS they'd backtrack on that and snip it in the butt. It makes me very bitter. There's no point in that other than to rain on our fun.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

FeralBetaKitten wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:47 pm It's really sad that AFTER TWO MONTHS they'd backtrack on that and snip it in the butt. It makes me very bitter. There's no point in that other than to rain on our fun.
If you notice, Blizzard ALWAYS removed anything that got too popular when wasn't supposed to be available to players. Wolf pup got the same treatment back in Legion with a model change that came several patches later, yet the removal from the taming table was much ealier. Direhorn's hatchlings and calves didn't got model changed because not many got them and Blizzard doesn't seem to care at all if a few players have some unintended; they lose their shit when A LOT of players do and that results in what happened now with the foal.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I was able to successfully tame a Contaminated Shalewing. As far as I can see, only one will spawn during the entire Research Event, and it will spawn during the phase when the contaminated beasts attack. It spawns in the back of the southern group of beasts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It is odd they changed the foal's appearance when they simply made the other baby pets for this expansion untameable.

Garwal was a long time ago, and I believe they were right in removing it entirely. That was a humanoid model.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:43 pm It is odd they changed the foal's appearance when they simply made the other baby pets for this expansion untameable.

Garwal was a long time ago, and I believe they were right in removing it entirely. That was a humanoid model.
We also have people who kept the koosu slime up to this day, I saw a few sightings myself during Shadowlands, if they could keep those we could keep our babies, and the ivory cloud serpent which is retired for people who didn’t obtain the sliver, so I practically consider it a rare retired pet, but I still wonder if there’s a hunter out there somewhere who tamed spirit of Ha-khalan, I still want ghost croc in my stables
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:09 pm Yeah, this is an intentional decision. This isn't something that could accidentally be done.
See, I feel like I vaguely remember something happening with a normal pet having the wrong model on PTR before and it being fine on live, but I can't recall specifics. I do know that on a BFA PTR, my tiny frog was suddenly normal-sized on the PTR and then when the patch hit, nope, still tiny model on live.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Dialga wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:24 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:09 pm Yeah, this is an intentional decision. This isn't something that could accidentally be done.
See, I feel like I vaguely remember something happening with a normal pet having the wrong model on PTR before and it being fine on live, but I can't recall specifics. I do know that on a BFA PTR, my tiny frog was suddenly normal-sized on the PTR and then when the patch hit, nope, still tiny model on live.
Juvenile thumpknuckles were once monkeys in the first patch, they were tameable as gorillas so they were gigantic tamed monkeys, they changed them to a proper gorilla and I’m sad to this day that my giant monkey got turned into a gorilla
Rabenschrey
Realm: EU-Thrall

Unread post by Rabenschrey »

Mine didn't change. Took this screenshot 1 minute ago.

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Rabenschrey wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:16 am Mine didn't change. Took this screenshot 1 minute ago.

PTR or live?
worgpower wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:11 am
Dialga wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:24 pm
Juvenile thumpknuckles were once monkeys in the first patch, they were tameable as gorillas so they were gigantic tamed monkeys, they changed them to a proper gorilla and I’m sad to this day that my giant monkey got turned into a gorilla
No, I mean more like pets that were previously tamed had the wrong models on the PTR. I do remember that back in Wrath, taming a Sunreaver Dragonhawk on live and then porting the character to PTR had the model change into an armored dragonhawk, but when live hit, they stayed the same.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rabenschrey wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:16 am Mine didn't change. Took this screenshot 1 minute ago.

For clarity, the change being discussed is happening on the 10.1.5 PTR server, not currently on live. On live retail these foals remain unchanged as you show in your screenshot.

I just copied my character to the PTR right now to check and unfortunately the foals are still displaying as an adult model there.
Attachments
456.png
456.png (133.62 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:56 am

For clarity, the change being discussed is happening on the 10.1.5 PTR server, not currently on live. On live retail these foals remain unchanged as you show in your screenshot.

I just copied my character to the PTR right now to check and unfortunately the foals are still displaying as an adult model there.
Do you have the baby mammoths? Have they been changed too?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:25 am As of right now, we are only able to participate in three digs per week. As far as I know, there isn't any way to increase that.
Can you only buy one map a week from Ponzo?
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Maizou wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:04 am
Vephriel wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:56 am

Do you have the baby mammoths? Have they been changed too?
They have not
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maizou wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:07 am
Valnaaros wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:25 am As of right now, we are only able to participate in three digs per week. As far as I know, there isn't any way to increase that.
Can you only buy one map a week from Ponzo?
Yes, you can only buy one map per week from Ponzo.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Really wish hunters had a way to hold aggro. I almost, ALMOST had the contaminated ray tamed after bursting aggro with the Manic Grieftorch, and then some other guy taunted it off of me. TAUNTED. I can't be too mad since the thing was part of the objective, but man. That was mine. Oh well, I just afk'd the rest of the event anyway. so I made him work my share in the end. This thing's a pain to tame.