10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Wain »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:44 pm I have just checked the assault on the PTR using my level 61 Dark Iron and unfortunately, the event doesn't scale and the beasts are at level 70.
Damn :( Thanks for checking!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've now updated the status of all 10.1 looks that are known to be tameable, or untameable but in game. It should all be reflected on this page:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch101.php

Most of these were based on Valnaaros's data, plus findings of everyone on this board :)

But please let me know if you notice any that are wrong.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:39 am I've now updated the status of all 10.1 looks that are known to be tameable, or untameable but in game. It should all be reflected on this page:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch101.php

Most of these were based on Valnaaros's data, plus findings of everyone on this board :)

But please let me know if you notice any that are wrong.

Great work! <3
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Nothing spectacular has appeared on the PTR, but with today's update, most beasts that are already part of a family down in the cavern were flagged tameable. Some rock snails are still not flagged, but luckily almost every skin on the untameable ones seems available somewhere. Every "sporebat" is flagged, which wasn't the case last time where only one magma version and one specific fleshy version (with all three skins) were tameable. Every rare beast that's part of a tameable family is also flagged tameable, including those with special characters in their names like Underlight Queen. Of course, the named rares are also rare elites at level 72, so no taming until next expansion. Around 33 new mobs were flagged today.

No old mobs from earlier patches or expansions were flagged, that I could find. No new skins were sprinkled out there that I could find. The things in my signature are still untameable. Deep Striders are, unfortunately, still untameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:42 pm Nothing spectacular has appeared on the PTR, but with today's update, most beasts that are already part of a family down in the cavern were flagged tameable. Some rock snails are still not flagged, but luckily almost every skin on the untameable ones seems available somewhere. Every "sporebat" is flagged, which wasn't the case last time where only one magma version and one specific fleshy version (with all three skins) were tameable. Every rare beast that's part of a tameable family is also flagged tameable, including those with special characters in their names like Underlight Queen. Of course, the named rares are also rare elites at level 72, so no taming until next expansion. Around 33 new mobs were flagged today.

No old mobs from earlier patches or expansions were flagged, that I could find. No new skins were sprinkled out there that I could find. The things in my signature are still untameable. Deep Striders are, unfortunately, still untameable.
This was actually all done last week. Last week was a taming pass, with all the changes made recorded now :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

and still no new cloud serpents *sad panda*
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’ve never been super disappointed before, I was most excited for deepstriders, and I crossed my fingers that the sporebats would be in rays but not. We got a few exciting options like the rock mice and new cobras but those are pvp pets and I don’t PvP on max level. The Blaze hounds and the new snails are cool but they’re exotic, and I’ll never play BM unless it goes melee. I once thought Zereth Mortis was more disappointing than anything, but this patch proved me wrong. My faith in this patch will be restored if deepstriders become tameable, snails get a gastropod family and or deep flayers become tameable, plus hunter pet families, not by variety of looks, but more families, are very lackluster this xpac. Until then I’m not very happy when it comes to hunter pets, but I’ll definitely enjoy content when it’s fully released. But recently I’m starting to give up hope on getting more old creatures as hunter pets, and the finger crossing and begging for creatures and getting noticed by the lurkers tired me out. But they should definitely overhaul hunter pets again along with SV spec to make it variable for more class fantasy and dps
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I'm in the same boat. Though I think I'd only use the lava cobra's in pvp since the non elemental ones have a weird face.
I think it's because of the pet families and the games stubbornness about removing the requirements. I still don't understand why it is such a big deal to them. If you're in pvp or dungeons seeing a turtle vs seeing a wolf isn't going to mean anything. The only thing it does is stop certain families being used more.
I'd love to use the ram, because the sheeps so cute! Beetles/mammoths/salamanders all are so cool. But not really worth it.
But we've had this argument again and again, they won't listen to it.

Here's hoping next patch we'll get some good ferocity pets that aint got a lizard stapled to it's face.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:56 am I'm in the same boat. Though I think I'd only use the lava cobra's in pvp since the non elemental ones have a weird face.
I think it's because of the pet families and the games stubbornness about removing the requirements. I still don't understand why it is such a big deal to them. If you're in pvp or dungeons seeing a turtle vs seeing a wolf isn't going to mean anything. The only thing it does is stop certain families being used more.
I'd love to use the ram, because the sheeps so cute! Beetles/mammoths/salamanders all are so cool. But not really worth it.
But we've had this argument again and again, they won't listen to it.

Here's hoping next patch we'll get some good ferocity pets that aint got a lizard stapled to it's face.
I agree, while I like the dragon aesthetic on many of the creatures, we could use a little more variety, like more crocolisks, those could use dragon heads, but if we get mammalian creatures, they should look a little more normal, and maybe a couple more lesser dragonkin models, like Feywings
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 am
I agree, while I like the dragon aesthetic on many of the creatures, we could use a little more variety, like more crocolisks, those could use dragon heads, but if we get mammalian creatures, they should look a little more normal, and maybe a couple more lesser dragonkin models, like Feywings
Mammalians should get horns, or scales. For example those new cats.
But making everything a dragon is kind of dumb. Why don't the gnolls have dragon heads. Or the centaurs wings? If there's lore for it sure but you get what i'm trying to say I hope.

I think Crocodiles would be fantastic to add, last time we got a new crocodile was back in cataclysm. They'd be perfect for it. If they don't go to far and end up making them look dumb.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I think the newest Basilisks from Legion fill the new crocolisk niche, seeing as how those are basically draconic crocodiles. I'd love to see new crocs though, since that family is also one that's fairly underappreciated. Hell, I feel it's a missed opportunity for many unloved or underappreciated pet families. It's easy to imagine draconic or primal designs.
-
- Bird of Prey: Imagine a bird. Now imagine that bird has toothy jaws instead of a beak. No need for horns or scales; just give a bird teeth and it's instantly better.
- Carrion Bird: Same as Bird of Prey, but grounded like the flightless teroclaws.
- Core Hound: Take the concept of Chromaggus, make it a one-headed variant, and you have a winner.
- Crocolisk: Take inspiration from prehistoric crocodillians like Kaprosuchus and Simosuchus. A crocolisk with wolf/hyena animations would be absolutely awesome.
- Dragonhawk: I don't need to justify this one. They're literally lesser dragonkin.
- Gorilla: Perfect time to make yeti-like beasts.
- Hydra: Stop using the four legged variant, make the original ones look like dragons.
- Monkey: Same as gorilla, but smaller and cuter(?)
- Pterrordax: These things are literally wyverns, yet they're forgotten.
- Raptor: Feral dragonkin with raptor features. Easy 10/10.
- Shale Beast: HAHAHA NOBODY REMEMBERS THESE.
- Turtle: New ones are nice, but Pandaria did it better.
- Wind Serpent: Imagine getting one that looked like a mix of a ray and a cobra.

I will absolutely give a pass to hornswogs and vorquin though. Love those goofy toads, and Vorquin are a much more feral kirin model than the store mount model we were robbed of. Likewise, this new underground zone we're getting was the absolute perfect opportunity to give us at least one new Shale Beast, especially since serpents and rays (I refuse to acknowledge them as actual spore bats) have forms made of fire and stone. Huge missed opportunity there.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:00 am I think the newest Basilisks from Legion fill the new crocolisk niche, seeing as how those are basically draconic crocodiles. I'd love to see new crocs though, since that family is also one that's fairly underappreciated. Hell, I feel it's a missed opportunity for many unloved or underappreciated pet families. It's easy to imagine draconic or primal designs.
-
- Bird of Prey: Imagine a bird. Now imagine that bird has toothy jaws instead of a beak. No need for horns or scales; just give a bird teeth and it's instantly better.
- Carrion Bird: Same as Bird of Prey, but grounded like the flightless teroclaws.
- Core Hound: Take the concept of Chromaggus, make it a one-headed variant, and you have a winner.
- Crocolisk: Take inspiration from prehistoric crocodillians like Kaprosuchus and Simosuchus. A crocolisk with wolf/hyena animations would be absolutely awesome.
- Dragonhawk: I don't need to justify this one. They're literally lesser dragonkin.
- Hydra: Stop using the four legged variant, make the original ones look like dragons.
- Wind Serpent: Imagine getting one that looked like a mix of a ray and a cobra.

I will absolutely give a pass to hornswogs and vorquin though. Love those goofy toads, and Vorquin are a much more feral kirin model than the store mount model we were robbed of. Likewise, this new underground zone we're getting was the absolute perfect opportunity to give us at least one new Shale Beast, especially since serpents and rays (I refuse to acknowledge them as actual spore bats) have forms made of fire and stone. Huge missed opportunity there.
I agree, funny thing is one bird of prey has jaws and dragon wings instead of feathers and beaks, and that’s the death rocs from maldraxxus, and the smaller families could use love? Heck even more lesser dragons are needed for pets, and maybe a more molten themed hydra with two legs
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:00 am I think the newest Basilisks from Legion fill the new crocolisk niche, seeing as how those are basically draconic crocodiles. I'd love to see new crocs though, since that family is also one that's fairly underappreciated. Hell, I feel it's a missed opportunity for many unloved or underappreciated pet families. It's easy to imagine draconic or primal designs.
Yer, shame they aint ferocity. Since I haven't even touched pvp this expansion.
Wana give us cool dragon Crocs? Give us a Kaprosuchus!
Or Update the two headed vultures they have lizard tails afterall.
Maybe give some of the cool roc or raven models to carrion birds.
Wait why the fuck are ravens in carrion, but dread ravens in birds of prey? Why is a peacock a Carrion bird?

Maybe it's just because i'm an orc, but lately the pets seem to be getting smaller and smaller. The veilwings are so dam tiny.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:44 pm
Yer, shame they aint ferocity. Since I haven't even touched pvp this expansion.
Wana give us cool dragon Crocs? Give us a Kaprosuchus!
Or Update the two headed vultures they have lizard tails afterall.
Maybe give some of the cool roc or raven models to carrion birds.
Wait why the fuck are ravens in carrion, but dread ravens in birds of prey? Why is a peacock a Carrion bird?

Maybe it's just because i'm an orc, but lately the pets seem to be getting smaller and smaller. The veilwings are so dam tiny.
We have the same common thoughts, veilwings are pretty big compared to other races except for beefier races, they could change the attack animations, it slides whenever it attacks and uses a eating animation, but as for the carrion bird, I tamed a two headed one to treat it as a non-exotic chimaera pet
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I'm just glad all the birds aren't cunning :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As someone pointed out on Twitter, an untameable version of the frosty blue raptor has appeared in the game. It's spawned as part of the Orc Heritage questline and isn't something that we could have found on the PTR. Shame it's not tameable :(

Talihawk
Petopia Artist

It's such a shame we are missing out on soooo many neat beast models. That's one of my favorite parts of the hunter class.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

-

I want either a tamable dragon turtle or a dragonkin based on the Brutasaur model.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A white rock mouse without the neck ruff was added today.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is also a blue rock mouse without the neck ruff.