10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Talihawk »

YYYAAA MULTIPLE YAAAAYYYYSSS!!! mice are nice!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:02 am Not as much of a shock as the mice, and (justifiably) likely to be forgotten quickly; the magma sporebats are tameable on ptr now. Only the elites over with the core hounds.
WoWScrnShot_031423_235551.jpg
I tamed one myself, I didn’t post it, but also the other sporebats are tameable now, and that blue sporebat you once posted is tameable, looks like a tame for next expansion
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I found the mice! they are adorable I hope they do add the other colors. I also hope they space critters out a bit more. It's getting to be like the WOD areas where you couldn't go two steps without having massive elites ready to stomp you.
Candle

Unread post by Candle »

There are three models not found, including Baby Wyvern, Baby Hornsworth and Primal Puppies. I hope Blizzard will allow us to tame them :?
Attachments
1099739.jpg
1099739.jpg (541.89 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
1099748.jpg
1099748.jpg (369.96 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
1099754.jpg
1099754.jpg (675.66 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I soo wish we could respec our pets....would love to actually use the mice

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Maria wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:26 am I soo wish we could respec our pets....would love to actually use the mice
Honestly, so many cool looks that aren’t very useful for open world content or raids, I would of wanted to run around the world with my bakar pet or ottuk, but tenacity’s ability heals us when we click it now
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I found the green lava snake... unfortunately it's just a battle pet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

These mice are so adorable!

RockMice3.png
RockMice3.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 3983 times
RockMice1.png
RockMice1.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 3983 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Soo happy we got Mice now! Hopefully more rodents will come

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

Wain wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 am These mice are so adorable!

RockMice3.pngRockMice1.png
I hope we can get to tame more and hopefully old school Dragonkin and Im keeping fingers crossed for more stable slots for all of us collectors.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 am These mice are so adorable!

RockMice3.pngRockMice1.png
I'm soooo happy we can tame them! Have any tameable pink ones been found? That's the one I want the most.

Also, we REALLY need to be able to respec our pets. :( I want to use the mouse so bad but as cunning it'll be relegated to the very rare instances I PvP.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this: (NOT TAMEABLE ATM)

The one headed Dark Iron Core Hounds are ALL over the place in the Djaradin area. Both hostile (elite) and passive (non elite) ones. I know people have been wanting this model for a LONG time but there's never been any creatures with the model in the open world.

They aren't tameable now, but maybe in the future?

Also, me and many other hunters cannot for the life of us find any of the mice in the caverns.
For anyone who wants to find the mice, they're in the very bottom left corner of the caverns. Only Blue and White Ones so far. Hopefully they add the other colors. I found the pink moths after a long search, they seem to be a rare spawn in place of other moths, or I was just really unlucky.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh! I thought someone posted about the one-headed core hounds earlier. Otherwise I would have mentioned them!

There are tameable ones in the cavern, there are also tameable ones in the Fyrakk Assaults (which switch zones each day). I've been using one today, and they make great pets.

Incidentally, for me the map marker for Fyrakk Assaults only appeared when I was down in Zaralek Cavern. It was the only way I could be sure which zone it was in before heading there. Then I noticed that an epic quest appears on the spot of the assault as well, and that quest marker can be seen outside the cavern.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yeah, a few of us pointed out the hounds. I miss how tiny they were, but that was obviously unintended.

One thing I want to ask, since I didn't use rodents all that much; SINCE WHEN CAN THEY REST?! I only just found out that they had this ability after seeing the wowpetopia twitter today.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, both the one-headed core hounds and the mice have been posted about, but nevertheless thank you, Maizou, for your report :)
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Are they counted as corehounds or regular hound/wolves?
I'd love to use one as a SV
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

DannyGreen wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:19 pm Are they counted as corehounds or regular hound/wolves?
I'd love to use one as a SV
They are counted as Core Hounds.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Wain wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 am Oh! I thought someone posted about the one-headed core hounds earlier. Otherwise I would have mentioned them!

There are tameable ones in the cavern, there are also tameable ones in the Fyrakk Assaults (which switch zones each day). I've been using one today, and they make great pets.

Incidentally, for me the map marker for Fyrakk Assaults only appeared when I was down in Zaralek Cavern. It was the only way I could be sure which zone it was in before heading there. Then I noticed that an epic quest appears on the spot of the assault as well, and that quest marker can be seen outside the cavern.
Nice, that means I can just tame them on my level 61 Dark Iron right?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:31 pm
Wain wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 am Oh! I thought someone posted about the one-headed core hounds earlier. Otherwise I would have mentioned them!

Good question. I'm not sure what level Fyrakk Assault NPCs scale down to, or if they're just 70+. Hopefully they can be tamed by 60s.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Wain wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:40 pm
ace_of_hearth wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:31 pm

Good question. I'm not sure what level Fyrakk Assault NPCs scale down to, or if they're just 70+. Hopefully they can be tamed by 60s.
I have just checked the assault on the PTR using my level 61 Dark Iron and unfortunately, the event doesn't scale and the beasts are at level 70.