10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

How do you get to the new zone? I didn't see any indication, and slamming my head into the ground didn't work.
EDIT: Scratch that, I didn't see the icon in Valdrakken earlier when servers came up.

Also, I am not sorry for this incredibly quick and dirty image that I'm about to show.
Long-Day.png
Long-Day.png (11.6 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Nice new carapids. They're shiny.
WoWScrnShot_030923_184701.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030923_184701.jpg (189.9 KiB) Viewed 4526 times
WoWScrnShot_030923_183529.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030923_183529.jpg (190.23 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
WoWScrnShot_030923_184009.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030923_184009.jpg (221.73 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
Nobody report this to Blizzard, for the love of god.
WoWScrnShot_030923_184318.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030923_184318.jpg (167.88 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

omgomg is that a red phoenix? Please god I'm gunna have a hissyfit if they change it from being tamable like they did the dark orange!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

That is indeed a tameable red phoenix. Just like the ones on live, they don't fly when tamed, but there's a BUNCH of them. This isn't some rare, thankfully.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

is this some sort of dire gerbil? I love it!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

There's a bunch of tameable moths. They use the same animations as bees and newer wasps. They also glow in the dark, as you'd expect from subterranean insects.
WoWScrnShot_030923_192003.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030923_192003.jpg (123.37 KiB) Viewed 4515 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'm not entirely sold on the new sporebats just yet. Unfortunately, the only one that's made of rocks that I've seen is an untameable 72 rare elite.
WoWScrnShot_030923_192553.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030923_192553.jpg (167.44 KiB) Viewed 4513 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:26 pm I'm not entirely sold on the new sporebats just yet. Unfortunately, the only one that's made of rocks that I've seen is an untameable 72 rare elite.
WoWScrnShot_030923_192553.jpg
I’ve seen a few orange fire ones in an area full of fire elementals and cobras, I’m happy sporebat has a fine addition, but I would of been happier if they were rays, they don’t have any hints of sporebat on them
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Yeah. There's nothing spore or bat about them at all. Still, a new model is absolutely welcomed. I just wish the concept art design was used instead.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The concept art is indeed more fitting for a sporebat, I hope the current sporebats become rays and make a new sporebat, we need a little more creature diversity
Edit-We still need that new mollusk family for all tameable snails with the addition of the magma slugs
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I found the red one and it's okay the orange one like Makhra is what I'd prefer. I'll keep looking :D I've so far only see the yellow like what's already avail. I do have to say the gem snails are wonderfully reflective and the gold one is truly brilliant, like a well cut topaz.

edit: yay finally found an orange one! It's perfect! <3 !
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

We need proof, I only saw yellow and red phoenixes, if an orange variant is available, no need to wait an expansion for makhra
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Proof incoming and I'll even tell ya where I got it! I believe it was in the Elder's Gift / Battlefield Ruins area. I've found red and yellow, am waiting to find another orange. :)

Okay I killed off a red and two yellows and an orange finally replaced them. Here are additional image shots. :D

worgpower wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:20 pm We need proof, I only saw yellow and red phoenixes, if an orange variant is available, no need to wait an expansion for makhra
Attachments
orange.jpg
orange.jpg (238.86 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
orange2.jpg
orange2.jpg (174.72 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
orange3.jpg
orange3.jpg (105.57 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Talihawk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:43 pm Proof incoming and I'll even tell ya where I got it! I believe it was in the Elder's Gift / Battlefield Ruins area. I've found red and yellow, am waiting to find another orange. :)

Okay I killed off a red and two yellows and an orange finally replaced them. Here are additional image shots. :D

worgpower wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:20 pm We need proof, I only saw yellow and red phoenixes, if an orange variant is available, no need to wait an expansion for makhra
Awesome, now all phoenix colors except for blue will be complete
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ooooh man there are so many amazing new mobs this time around! and i absolutely love those long leg bois. :lol: they look like something from a liminal space horror story.

Also surprised by the moths. very pretty. Not sure how i feel about the sporebat/ray things though. kinda odd looking.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'd be more excited about the snails if they weren't Exotic. They really need to retire Exotic Pets apart from Spirit Beasts :/

Anyway, I know it won't happen, but I REALLY want them to make the new mice critters into tameable Rodents:

We have a Rodent family, it's about time we have an *actual* Rodent in it. And what better one than these cuties?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The mice are pretty nice, and they are currently beasts on the ptr (all friendly, that I've seen), but you know Blizzard won't give us actual rodents in the rodent family. We're lucky they got beavers somewhat right, although half of the game's beavers are still not tameable sadly.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

AY ITS YA BOY BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

But in all seriousness. I love the long leg things. I really want to see one tameable!
Sporebats, not the biggest fan of, I think the dragon head makes them look a lil silly Concept art is way cooler.
I think the 1 headed corehounds are cool. But i'll never be able to use em :c SV main.

This guy would be great addition. Since we can tame dragons now dragons aint no longer off the table. (this thing was called a dragon on wowhead so i'm going with that)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

One thing that bothers me about that hydra is that it doesn't have heads similar to the single hydra heads that poke out of the lava. Like, they have cool fins and details, yet they don't have bodies. It's the same issue that was present since Megaera was shown in Throne of Thunder; a "hydra" that is just a bunch of snake heads. For example;
This thing has no body, but would look absolutely amazing if it was on an actual hydra body. I'd even settle for the four legged hydra if it had this kind of head. With the flame hydra introduced in this patch, it's got a significantly less interesting design than normal mobs that spawn all over the lava sections of the zone. That's not to say that I don't want a kickass flaming hydra pet, for the record. I'll tame that thing in a heartbeat if it's available outside of the raid. I just wish the art team would give us the finned hydra heads for once (as well as hydras using Megaera's different head designs since those are canonically hydra heads). This same issue affects some really cool worm models too, like the burrowers in Outland and the one boss from Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

Justice for hydras and worms, I say!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:25 pm AY ITS YA BOY BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

But in all seriousness. I love the long leg things. I really want to see one tameable!
Sporebats, not the biggest fan of, I think the dragon head makes them look a lil silly Concept art is way cooler.
I think the 1 headed corehounds are cool. But i'll never be able to use em :c SV main.

This guy would be great addition. Since we can tame dragons now dragons aint no longer off the table. (this thing was called a dragon on wowhead so i'm going with that)
Welcome back buddy, I also wish to have a one headed core hound on my side, but it’s exotic and looks like I won’t tame one since I’m also a survival main, still crossing my fingers for tameable flayers and long legs, so far the flayers are the coolest, winged and without, with long legs coming a close second. Flayers would go well in the bat family as they have lots of bat features