10.1 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: 10.1 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay for more mice!!!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WoWScrnShot_040623_161808.jpg
WoWScrnShot_040623_161808.jpg (154.65 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
YESSSSSS!! The new sporebats are now rays, Blizzard definitely came to their senses that those are rays, now I have a main pet for 10.1 :headbang:
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

congrats!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Good that rays get yet another unique design, but once more, sporebats continue to lose. A rough victory, for sure.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:04 pm Some good news from the latest PTR build;
- Revive Pet now has a 2.5 second cast time (was 3 seconds).
- Revive Pet’s spell school is now Physical, and can no longer be stopped by Silence and Interrupt effects (was Nature).

Likewise, the database on Wowhead's ptr page shows 170 tameable beasts, up from 138. Of course, this probably includes a bunch of unimplemented things too, but that's still 42 more NPCs flagged as tameable and introduced in this patch. There are some tameables that stand out;
WoWScrnShot_040423_180134.jpg
This pink mouse, called Lugear Mouse, comes with both neck ruff and bare neck variants. They can be found just north of Dragonscale Camp in Zaralek Caverns.
Yay Pink Mice :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:04 pm Some good news from the latest PTR build;
- Revive Pet now has a 2.5 second cast time (was 3 seconds).
- Revive Pet’s spell school is now Physical, and can no longer be stopped by Silence and Interrupt effects (was Nature).
That’s awesome to see! Thanks for reporting 😊
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:20 pm WoWScrnShot_040623_161808.jpg YESSSSSS!! The new sporebats are now rays, Blizzard definitely came to their senses that those are rays, now I have a main pet for 10.1 :headbang:
Oh cool! It makes sense. They never really looked much like sporebats.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:20 pm WoWScrnShot_040623_161808.jpg YESSSSSS!! The new sporebats are now rays, Blizzard definitely came to their senses that those are rays, now I have a main pet for 10.1 :headbang:
I'm sure there are other pets that can be tamed and other people would use that other people can use rays as their main pets too.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:00 am
I'm sure there are other pets that can be tamed and other people would use that other people can use rays as their main pets too.
They are a super interesting model to look at, so it’s more fun to run with a flashy ferocity pet than anything, nowadays their family abilities don’t matter much, besides content like dungeons, PvP, and raiding
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:47 pm There is also a blue rock mouse without the neck ruff.
Is it just me or is it the lighting but it doesn't look blue to me.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's just the lighting. In the database is it blue :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The green cavern light affects everything 😝
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Today's patch cut out some creatures that were flagged tameable, but nothing of value was lost. They were mostly things that weren't implemented. Speaking of unimplemented, I believe that the Shadowflame Phoenix (the blue one) is not actually available; today on the PTR, the quest "They Who Would Burn Us" is finally available in Ohn'ahran Plains during the Fyrakk invasion, and I didn't see any phoenixes. I attacked every mob that existed here thinking they may spawn one, spammed a macro for '/tar shadowflame phoenix' while flying around, and even left my pet attacking random NPCs for minutes. No phoenixes spawned at all.

Unless I'm proven otherwise, I'm positive that this isn't available. It's a shame since the shadowflame phoenix was the only phoenix I wanted.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There was another Ray I was trying to find, it’s called contaminated Shalewing, a yellow magma Shalewing. Wowhead says it has a population, but I don’t know if it’s hidden somewhere or part of an objective, I was trying to search for a new look yesterday, found nothing, it was day ?? Of beast lore on deepstriders and deepflayers
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I did much the same the other day, finally got the 'they who would burn us' quest, and attcked a whole bunch of the various mobs, especially the blue glowy ones, hoping it would be a spell but nothing came of it. Even got killed by Fkyrakk :) I know I'm way disappointed too, it's so cool looking. Maybe they are just holding back on it some how.

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:49 pm Today's patch cut out some creatures that were flagged tameable, but nothing of value was lost. They were mostly things that weren't implemented. Speaking of unimplemented, I believe that the Shadowflame Phoenix (the blue one) is not actually available; today on the PTR, the quest "They Who Would Burn Us" is finally available in Ohn'ahran Plains during the Fyrakk invasion, and I didn't see any phoenixes. I attacked every mob that existed here thinking they may spawn one, spammed a macro for '/tar shadowflame phoenix' while flying around, and even left my pet attacking random NPCs for minutes. No phoenixes spawned at all.

Unless I'm proven otherwise, I'm positive that this isn't available. It's a shame since the shadowflame phoenix was the only phoenix I wanted.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:40 pm There was another Ray I was trying to find, it’s called contaminated Shalewing, a yellow magma Shalewing. Wowhead says it has a population, but I don’t know if it’s hidden somewhere or part of an objective, I was trying to search for a new look yesterday, found nothing, it was day ?? Of beast lore on deepstriders and deepflayers
The population just is referring to people visiting that NPC's page. It has nothing to do regarding whether it is actually in the game or not.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:44 am The green cavern light affects everything 😝
I honestly had to stop playing after a bit cause it started to get to me. Hopefully they tone it down a bit before live.

It really messes with my brain lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:07 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:40 pm There was another Ray I was trying to find, it’s called contaminated Shalewing, a yellow magma Shalewing. Wowhead says it has a population, but I don’t know if it’s hidden somewhere or part of an objective, I was trying to search for a new look yesterday, found nothing, it was day ?? Of beast lore on deepstriders and deepflayers
The population just is referring to people visiting that NPC's page. It has nothing to do regarding whether it is actually in the game or not.
Lol haha, that must have been me visiting a billion beast pages
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hey Y'all, since 10.1 is less than a week away from releasing. I wanted to ask which new creature from the patch is your favorite/the creature your fond of the most.

I'll answer my own question. My favorite creature from 10.1 out of all of them is the Shalewings. They look super goofy but I like that they are dragonlike and i've grown onto dragonlike creatures since this xpac released. I'm still bummed out that Deepstriders and Deepflayers aren't becoming tameable anytime soon and these were my favorite things added. But the Shalewings being put in the Ray family made up for it and made me happy
WoWScrnShot_042623_200535.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042623_200535.jpg (183.71 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
WoWScrnShot_042623_200549.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042623_200549.jpg (178.25 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

The long leg ones are my favorite, even if they can't be tamed.. D:
And of course the Mice! just awwwww