Tundra Vorquin Foal no longer tameable on 10.1 PTR

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
viaradda

Tundra Vorquin Foal no longer tameable on 10.1 PTR

Unread post by viaradda »

They are still tameable on the 10.0.7 PTR though, so unless something changes you still have some time.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Tundra Vorquin Foal no longer tameable on 10.1 PTR

Unread post by worgpower »

I saw this one coming, my only hope is if they don’t change the models of our pets
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Everyone had 2 months to tame those foals...so, they should be grateful that Blizzard didn't released a patch instantly. As I said it was only a matter of time, but I doubt they will change the model; it's not an exploit, it doesn't break the game and they will probably stay there like the calves.
snipeypants
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by snipeypants »

How much time realistically do we have?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Considering it’s still pretty early on 10.1 ptr, we have lots of time unless blizzard decided to hotfix them on current patch
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Knew was only matter of time before this happened which was why I went and tamed at least one on hunters I play most such as my main and main alt the thing now is what happens next are they going to pull a #puppygate where they remove these and replace with some lame other pet or will they do what they did with the baby dire horns, slime, baby mammoths and several others and let us keep them as they are.

Seeing as how this was nowhere near an exploit like puppy gate was because these were all in the open world and hunters didn't go anywhere they weren't allowed to go my hope is nothing happens and when all is said and done even though these will be untamable those of us who got to them in time are at least able to keep them.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I hope all who really wanted these got them while they could I sure as hell got mine so my hunters are set just my problem is what happens next when this is fixed does life go on and those who have them keep them as is no changes or do we have another #puppygate where the pet we tamed turns into a lame one. I was here during #puppygate even tamed a pupper why I am so upset right now I admit puppy gate we broke the game and we exploited a bit but with these foals what did hunters do wrong these foals are open world for everyone to see.

If I log in after this is finally all said and done meaning these patches are pushed through and the foals are no longer tamable to find my foals are now a worthless lame ass pet I am done I missed out on the baby mammoth I missed on the slime I missed on the baby dire horns if Blizzard removes my Vorquin foals from me they can kiss my ass.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ah, was starting to wonder if they had somehow missed them. found it somewhat ironic that after all the huff about people saying blizz was going to yank them as soon as they were shared, they ended up being one of our longest lasting "special" tame pets. odd considering how quick they patched the baby elephants. I appreciate their leniency.
Its a shame to see them on their way out but i really appreciate them being available for as long as they have been. i think by now most people have the dragon taming rep and have had a good chance to snag these guys, so lots of people will get to enjoy their funky pets now. :)
as for them potentially getting taken away- i'm not worried. Blizz is usually pretty chill about these tames and the other (non wolf exploit) baby pets have all been for keeps.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

They are still tameable this is just after the key Vault and The Forbidden Reach patch, i can confirm the one on top of the frozen waterfall at 46.88 84.30, i sent a pic of the area for my friend who already had learned the book, she tamed her 2 to confirm they are still tameable right now. so i factioned, race changed my hunter to human to speed run the rep being desperate lol..(used my second hunter for ss) ik we had 2 months to farm for it but ive been glued to my evoker and almost lost track, the random shutdown last night i had my hopes dropped thinking blizz patched it but i farmed for the rest of the rep today (went from lvl 8 to 23 in almost a day) and got my book, flew over there and checked again with beast lore and they were still marked as tameable.
tamed 2 on my survival, 2 on my bm hunters and im happy XD (ignore my ui, im old fashioned and i like the old layout with bartender xd)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_032523_111008.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032523_111008.jpg (467.31 KiB) Viewed 8458 times
WoWScrnShot_032523_111014.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032523_111014.jpg (332.89 KiB) Viewed 8458 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Good to see more foals getting homes, and even better knowing Blizzard is giving people so much time for this one. Not sure WHY this specific baby gets such incredible love, but I'm not complaining. More foals for all, I say. I'm doing my part and telling others who see my foals how to get it in the hopes that at least one other hunter ends up getting it through my advice.

Though, preemptive F in chat for when the switch is finally flipped.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Still tamable as of today but for how long and at what cost this is the first ever tame like this I have I missed the baby direhorns and mammoths but lucked out with these I have no problem making them untamable since they were a glitch if you will but after #puppygate I have my doubts my foal will remain when all is said and done see after #puppygate I logged in game and my cute puppy turned into a ugly lame ass worg and now I am concerned about my foals.

If when all is said and done and my foals remain as they are I shall be happy and content yet on other hand after this is said and done Blizzard pulls a #puppygate that is it I will leave already running on time with sub paid till next year have no problem walking away.

Blizzard please leave our Vorquins alone we hunters didn't exploit the game we didn't cheat the system these foals are in the open world for all to see.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Iowawolf wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:27 pm Still tamable as of today but for how long and at what cost this is the first ever tame like this I have I missed the baby direhorns and mammoths but lucked out with these I have no problem making them untamable since they were a glitch if you will but after #puppygate I have my doubts my foal will remain when all is said and done see after #puppygate I logged in game and my cute puppy turned into a ugly lame ass worg and now I am concerned about my foals.

If when all is said and done and my foals remain as they are I shall be happy and content yet on other hand after this is said and done Blizzard pulls a #puppygate that is it I will leave already running on time with sub paid till next year have no problem walking away.

Blizzard please leave our Vorquins alone we hunters didn't exploit the game we didn't cheat the system these foals are in the open world for all to see.
Blizzard have no reasons to change the model like the puppy; the Dreamway Prowler Pup was an exploit, since it required the player to enter an area where you weren't supposed to be (Emerald Dreamway), those foals are open-world NPCs which you click and tame without doing anything else. Blizzard removed ANYTHING that required some tricky method or broke the game (worgen, pup, campfire, elemental, etc.) with the only exceptions being the Grimtotem spirit wolf and the direhorn hatchling, the necrolord suit and N'zoth sliver which remained unchanged (curiously, all of them required a buff/debuff to make the NPC neutral). Every tame where you just go there and get the pet was NEVER removed (slime, calves, grubs, etc.) and thus the foals will join that group without anything to worry about.
Last edited by Vesania on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Vesania wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:20 am Blizzard have no reasons to change the model like the puppy; the Dreamway Prowler Pup was an exploit, since it required the player to enter an area where you weren't supposed to be (Emerald Dreamway), those foals are open-world NPCs which you click and tame without doing anything else. Blizzard removed ANYTHING that required some tricky method to get or broke the game (worgen, pup, campfire, elemental, etc.) with the only exceptions being the Grimtotem spirit wolf and the direhorn hatchling, the necrolord suit and N'zoth sliver which remained unchanged (curiously, all of them required a buff/debuff to make the NPC neutral). Every tame where you just go there and get the pet was NEVER removed (slime, calves, grubs, etc.) and thus the foals will join that group without anything to worry about.
I really hope you are right and this is a non issue seeing you also were here during #puppygate I admit we did exploit the game then and are lucky to not been banned for it just I am ever weary since then like I said this is the first time I was able to tame these type of pets so am cautious what Blizzard will do but your reply did calm my nerves a bit knowing that those we just click and tame have never been removed so thank you for helping calm my nerves.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I also don't think they're going to change or remove them, they've kept them in the game, for whatever reason, sooo long :)
Also i just checked on the PTR, my baby vorquin is still .. "small" :D
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just helped another hunter tame two of these little guys like I wanted to do when asked about mine.