Help taming Elusive Rimeclaw Bear?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Help taming Elusive Rimeclaw Bear?

Unread post by Talihawk »

Could anyone help me catch a purple bear? I don't have skinning on my hunter, just an alt and while I've been able to group up with my other toon, it takes forever to skin enough to get the cool down reset solo.

If anyone's not busy I'd greatly appreciate some assistance. Thanks!

Kira
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Re: Help taming Elusive Rimeclaw Bear?

Unread post by DragonHeart »

I too would like some help with this please and thank <3
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

I would love to join, mostly because I'm looking for the teal one, but I'm EU. Datacenter's hopping is not a thing, sadly.
Last edited by Vesania on Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

the Blue one? That comes from a rare that doesn't require the bait, Frostjaw ? https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=bearice_blue I saw him up the other day. I doubt he's much in demand any more so he's probably easy to find up.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Talihawk wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:41 am the Blue one? That comes from a rare that doesn't require the bait, Frostjaw ? https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=bearice_blue I saw him up the other day. I doubt he's much in demand any more so he's probably easy to find up.
Nope, this one: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=bearice_green

Same method as the purple one.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

for some reason I thought ya said cyan, not teal. My brain is really melting. My appologies.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Talihawk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:10 am for some reason I thought ya said cyan, not teal. My brain is really melting. My appologies.
She did originally, but I think corrected it to make it more clear which one she meant :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I hate to say it, but unless you are there with the skinner when they try to bait for the bear-you are not likely going to be able to get it. I say this because while hunting for my purple bear, I found the green one about 7 times. I tried multiple times to share the green bear on discord and in general chat for someone to come and tame, but it despawns fairly quickly-I am not certain that you would have the time to travel there without a hearthstone set nearby, and if you are switching to another character, it might take to long as well.

You may be better off just getting skinning and grinding for it. Took me less than a month of dailies to grind up to the right level in skinning, and then took me a few months of farming to get him.

Made about 400-500k in gold from selling the mats I collected along the way, so it wasn't without value.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

As for resetting the cooldown on the bait-that can take about 10 mins depending on where you go.

If you join an Otto/Lunker group that generates a lot of material to skin-takes about 20 min there.

If you join a Rockfang skinning group, you can get it reset in 10-20 mins.

Fastest I found was running around and killing Vorquin (and other creatures) in the area near the Temporal Conflux in Thaldraszus. Do pulls of 3-8 at a time and AOE them down.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

the problem is that I don't want to swap back to skinning. I've spent a lot of gold leveling up my new profession. I may end up doing so if they can't get professions to work better, but right now I don't want to toss all that progress for one pet.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I finally got the purple bear! I about had a heart attack afraid it was going to vanish on me, and when it resisted taming!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Talihawk wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:16 am I finally got the purple bear! I about had a heart attack afraid it was going to vanish on me, and when it resisted taming!
Grats!

Now if only the green one would spawn for me.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I gathered up all my skinners into a group and the plan was to have them each put down a bait one after the other to get a faster sequence of summons. Of course luck finally won out and my first placement summoned the purple, but who knows maybe it'll work for you and I put it right at the 64, 29 coordinates. Of course everything else I summoned afterwards was non-bears.
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

Whuumper#1990 thank you
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Yay I finally got the green bear! Good luck to everyone searching for the bears! I bumped my alt's mastery up a bit beyond 20, because all I was getting was the foxes and bulls. I summoned the green on my Pally with 20 bait craft, 30 mastery and the purple with my Evoker at 14 bait, 25 mastery. I used the spot near the wall, the 64, 29. I def don't recommend having to use alts, but if you dropped skinning or never had it on your hunter, it's still possible to get them if you are really stubborn :D
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Talihawk wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:49 pm Yay I finally got the green bear! Good luck to everyone searching for the bears! I bumped my alt's mastery up a bit beyond 20, because all I was getting was the foxes and bulls. I summoned the green on my Pally with 20 bait craft, 30 mastery and the purple with my Evoker at 14 bait, 25 mastery. I used the spot near the wall, the 64, 29. I def don't recommend having to use alts, but if you dropped skinning or never had it on your hunter, it's still possible to get them if you are really stubborn :D
Grats! I've yet to get the green one. I'm only trying once a day, though. I don't remember exactly what my hunter's skinning talents are at, but they're the levels someone recommended for getting the bear. So far, I've seen one purple bear (which I tamed), and maybe 3 'regular' ice bears. The rest have all been dogs, foxes, and bruffalon.