Black Outland Talbuk (and possibly other Outland talbuks) have had no running animation for almost 2 years now.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Black Outland Talbuk (and possibly other Outland talbuks) have had no running animation for almost 2 years now.

Unread post by Samarachan »

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=talbukskinblack

This has been my main hunter pet since forever, and I noticed that sometimes during Shadowlands, his running animation just stopped triggering. Sometimes a resummon or a relog would fix it, but since Dragonflight, it's just completely gone. They just glide through the air, don't run, don't do their idle animation, nothing. Like they're frozen in time.

I've tried with other Talbuks (WoD, Legion, etc) and they all work just fine, but this Outland model is just completely bugged. I didn't see any topics on this when searching, so I'm guessing not many people use this pet. But I did see a comment about it on WoWhead dating a year ago, meaning it's not just on my end.

Has anyone noticed this? Would anyone check as well? It's my favorite pet and it sucks that I can't use him.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Black Outland Talbuk (and possibly other Outland talbuks) have had no running animation for almost 2 years now.

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'll check, in the mean time have you put in a ticket on this?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Black Outland Talbuk (and possibly other Outland talbuks) have had no running animation for almost 2 years now.

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Ahahaha what the hell. Confirmed, they don't animate at all when moving faster than base run speed. any bonus speed, such as pathfinder, cunning main pet with Talbuk as the animal companion, aspect of the cheetah, and pretty much everything else that makes you move slightly faster. This is funny, but yeah it needs to be fixed.

For reference, I took a video of myself running around with this exact pet. After testing, I also tried other outland Talbuks, and the problem affects them too.
https://streamable.com/yfscbk
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Confirmed he stands stiffly and then just hovers along after the hunter. His animations seem to have been turned off or deleted. Same with the white talbucks too.