Missing Moth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gemstars
Realm: Darkspear EU

Missing Moth

Unread post by Gemstars »

Hi Guys,

This morning I've been trying to tame the "Sparkly Brown Dustmoth w/ Orange Glow" model however every mob I've seen so far in game does not have the Sparkly effect. Same with the Reddish-Brown version. The Blue version seems to always has the sparkly effect. Has anyone managed to find a sparkly version of the orange in the game? Not sure if I'm being stupid or if it's bugged or rarer or something?
https://imgur.com/a/eYcUnQs
Some screenshots to show.
Not the end of the world obviously but figured it doesn't hurt to mention it!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Missing Moth

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I went on a taming spree to check, taming every instance of the "Sparkly Brown Dustmoth w/ Orange Glow" colors until they didn't spawn in that color anymore. In total, I tamed;
- 17 Crystalline Dustmoth
- 2 of this version of Underlight Flickerwing
- 7 of this version of the Underlight Flickerwing.
Not a single one had sparkles. The wowhead model viewer shows they should have sparkle, but they definitely don't on live. I also checked Rockhusk Flickerwing just in case the models got swapped, but no sparkles either. It seems that the sparkle has been lost on that specific moth color. That, or the sparkle ingame is so incredibly hard to see that it's just really easy to miss.

Wouldn't be the first time a texture has been messed up on a Dragonflight mob though (cough cough that one lava spider that's almost pitch black due to missing textures).