10.1.5 Beast Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

10.1.5 Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Getting this started for whenever new information starts coming in.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 10.1.5 Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'll just repost this since it's ptr related, even if it's not wanted/enjoyable; the Tundra Vorquin Foals that were tamed before 10.1 are now adult on the 10.1.5 ptr. Possibly a permanent change, unless we can somehow get a sympathetic dev to listen. 99.99% chance this won't happen though, and we're losing a fun glitch tame they allowed us to grab for an entire patch cycle.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUH.png
HUUUUUUUUUUUUH.png (185.77 KiB) Viewed 24862 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Old world drakes will get animations for old world dragonriding, that includes the Sylverian dreamer, two of these things may happen
- they may change to the new skeleton
- they just add new and modified animations based on the newer drakes

If they end up changing their skeleton to the highland drake skeleton, I would praise for the veilwings to receive the new skeleton, which would make them look more proud, that’s just my opinion
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Rerigging something to a new skeleton is a lot more work than just making a new animation.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUT Blizzard has surprised me in the choices they have made before. Some times they seem to like to go with the most complicated option...

Siggy under construction!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Looks like they’re not changing the skeleton entirely, they only modified and added highland drake animations to normal drakes, they’ll still have the goofy walk run, but the pterrordaxes and the rocs now use the velocidrake sprint which is a bit stiffer than old running animation
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Two new beasts were added to the PTR today (at least I think it was today. I don't check every day) that are certainly interesting. The first is a very unique raptor that happens to resemble the stone direhorn, with all four colors as possible options. How peculiar that is.
https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/npc=20728 ... proto-horn
Then, we have some Shadowlands turtle skins with the one missing skin in the mix! That pink and gold turtle is (probably) finally available! It's about time!
https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/npc=20728 ... ck-snapper

I don't know where these can be found, as they're definitely NOT in Un'Goro. The leading theory, judging by their title <Time-displaced Experiment>, is that they're in some part of the new mega dungeon since that's all about messed up timelines. I didn't have the patience to get a group together to run through it, and I WAS going to watch some streamer while keeping my eyes peeled (they just kept selling Abberus runs, why the hell would you stream that), so it's still a "who knows" situation there. They could also be unfavorably unimplemented, just being database fodder for us to cry about like me and the "tameable" plant hydras. Keep your eyes peeled, PTR-goers.

EDIT: Could also be from time rifts, though those aren't on PTR yet from what I understand.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Cool news for the stone Triceratops tho my heart still prays that they'll add a way for us to get the remaining colors of the cloud serpents. *fingers crossed*
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I was able to locate both the stone turtle and stone direhorns variants! They are all now available, with a unique "ghost" stone turtle, which is a transparent version of the green variant.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Here's to the hope they add in our missing Cloud Serpent colors. Come on Blizz! I NEED the Gold and Green Clould Serpents! NEEEEED.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=161527 Not to be a Debbie downer, but this variant is used by Sigilback
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:33 pm https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=161527 Not to be a Debbie downer, but this variant is used by Sigilback
Yeah, this is the new one:

It's odd that the green and silver one uses a spectral variant when these are just regular turtles and I wonder if it was a mistake.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:33 pm https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=161527 Not to be a Debbie downer, but this variant is used by Sigilback
Yeah, this is the new one:

It's odd that the green and silver one uses a spectral variant when these are just regular turtles and I wonder if it was a mistake.
This is my favorite turtle color, I love how vibrant the magenta is on this one. The ghostly one must be a mistake, considering how easy it is to already tame sigilback and keep it unique, but I’m happy the stone direhorns are coming, it’ll give us some hope for more pet colors and looks, but definitely snagging that magenta stone turtle
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

@Val: good job finding them! Though, you forgot to say where. They're up on a cliff just below Tyrhold, on the way to the Bronze Dragons' area. There's a dragonriding race marker when you're close, so these direhorns and turtles have a natural map marker.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I am posting every now and then on the twitter accounts for both WOW and the devs doubt anything will happen but it is worth a shot seeing as how we are still being screwed while others tamed same way have remained.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I love these dinos so much! The blue is my fave but the jade is also spectacular. And they look so good with their matching mounts.
DirehornTrio.png
DirehornTrio.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 23766 times
JadeStoneDirehornPet.png
JadeStoneDirehornPet.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 23766 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The blue is also a pretty decent colour match for the blue stone quilen from Pandaria.
DirehornAndQuilen.png
DirehornAndQuilen.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 23766 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Between the jade, gold, and burgundy, the colouring on this turtle feels very regal. It's something I would have expected in the court of a Pandaren Emperor.
StoneTurtle1.png
StoneTurtle1.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 23766 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Iowawolf wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:43 pm I am posting every now and then on the twitter accounts for both WOW and the devs doubt anything will happen but it is worth a shot seeing as how we are still being screwed while others tamed same way have remained.
Iowawolf, it is honestly best to just let this go. Blizz is rather unlikely to make any changes to the decision made and getting worked up over it doesn't help you or anyone.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The turtle skin really makes me happy. It looks so gaudy and silly, but that's exactly what makes it so great. Always liked the stone turtles, especially for their death animation, but the colors make this one so much more appealing.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:46 am
Iowawolf wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:43 pm I am posting every now and then on the twitter accounts for both WOW and the devs doubt anything will happen but it is worth a shot seeing as how we are still being screwed while others tamed same way have remained.
Iowawolf, it is honestly best to just let this go. Blizz is rather unlikely to make any changes to the decision made and getting worked up over it doesn't help you or anyone.
Did we let it go when they were attempting to remove Hati after Legion no we didn't in fact both hunters and non hunters banded together and we saved the lovable storm mutt so what is it hurting if I keep asking them to change their stance knowing they have done it before.