Pet Proc & Cooldown Watcher?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Pet Proc & Cooldown Watcher?

Unread post by Anansi »

Hey folks,

I'm wondering if any of you make use of an add-on that monitors and displays your pet's procs (ie Culling Of The Herd) and ability Cooldowns (eg Rabid, Call Of The Wild)? I know they appear in the standard buff section of the UI, but I'm looking for something a bit more obvious (for example like the Cooldown Watch bar format).

Does anyone know of such an add-on?

Thanks!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Pet Proc & Cooldown Watcher?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't use anything like that myself, but a search on Curse came up with this addon:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... pulse.aspx

Seems like you can set your pet's cooldowns to appear, but I haven't used it so I'm not sure what it's like.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I used that one for a while, and yes, it's cool. I later switched it for powerauras, which shows debuffs and buffs in a big font in he middle of my screen.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

I've seen power auras a few times, but I'm not sure I could get used to its...unique appearance. xD
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That unique appearence is what's so great about it. Ya can't miss it.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Yeah, I use Power Auras for a few of my shots but I don't like to use it too extensively as it creates a lot of clutter around my character model. I know it can be configured to not be like that but I'm not sure how to do it exactly.

Cooldown Watch has a pet bar and I could set it to only show that, but CDW is also outdated and so doesn't have newer content in it's database.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Does the poweraura interfer with boss mods at all?

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Nope, using it and deadly boss mods at the same time. Deadlies text is put ahead of powerauras.

Vephriel

Hmm, from the screenshots and such that I've seen of power auras it seems like it's very in the way. Maybe it just takes some getting used to, but the design (though unique), seems sort of odd to me.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Power Auras needs a lot of configuring to not be in the way, I've seen some very minimal PA set ups but the out-of-the-box configurations are quite garish and intrusive. I know it's possible to just get it to show a small icon with a numeric timer, but I'm not sure how exactly to do this.
I do use the add-on but you have to be careful to not get carried away with it. I have only a few shots set up in it (Serpent Sting, Chimera, Aimed and Kill Shot) and since they are rarely up at the same time I do not get clutter.

Using it to watch pet abilities would be too much I think.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Try Sexy Cooldown.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ldown.aspx

Its a bar that can be set horizontal or vertical and is pretty easy to config. I set mine to the far left of the screen vertical moving top to bottom. It shows all your cooldowns, including pet specials and trinkets. It also moves pretty cool since its a relational timer and the spaces between units of time put more emphasis on the ones coming off cooldown rather than the ones you have to wait a while for (the icon might move an inch in 5 minutes when there's 25 minutes remaining, but when it hits the last 10 seconds, it moves 4 inches). It all makes sense when you use it.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Try Sexy Cooldown.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ldown.aspx
I really like the look of this, I'll have to try it when i get home. I remember seeing it a while ago but couldn't remeber the name of it, thanks a bunch :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­