TWENTY-FIVE! Pet planning grid and stable sharing.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Re: TWENTY(five)! aka your planned pets?

Unread post by Dvatori »

Top row is my current stable. (Gonzo tamed hoping he switches to that model.)
Any other pets with names would be re-tames.

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I've been toying with my list for ages, ever since Veph started this thread. I hate to commit to a list that's not totally solidified, but I think I have a solid core for my TRULY desired pets for Kalliope:

It's pretty similar to the initial pass, but I've added all the names and I feel a LOT more solid with Hippomenes as Loque. :) Kalliope only has ONE bear and it's Ursa. <3 I'm a little unsure whether I'll actually pick up Pandora, but I figure with so many spaces open, I can afford ONE vanity pet. ;)

And that's the family. :D
Attachments
Kalliope's 17.jpg
Kalliope's 17.jpg (74.18 KiB) Viewed 869 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I love your naming theme, Kalli. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope

Thanks! :D I deviate from the usual gods and goddesses and go with the heroes and heroines. Persephone is an exception, but there's no more appropriate name for my firefly. ;)

YouTube Edition

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Apologies for the forums necromancy, but this is fun to make.

Go on, guess my favorite colors... I'm going to love being able to get back some old favorites I had to dismiss, like Gummi the worm, Kazul the warp stalker, Empyrea the owl, Bebop the boar, Minerva the chimera and Gallahan the wind serpent. Of course, my Mazzranache reserves the top slot!
Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Furiku »

Here are my prospective tames. Yes, I went through and planned names for them. XP

Three things. One: A * means that the name might change, depends on if I come up with anything better between here and Cata.

Two: Yes I know two wolves are named the same thing. That's because I switch between those two for Fenrir's look so much that I figured what the heck. I'll tame both looks and name 'em both Fenrir.

Three: This goes in order of how I'm going to tame them for the most part. It'll probably end up start with if I'm near any one them and going from there but yeah. Knowing my luck though, Skoll is probably gonna be the last tamed. I'm probably gonna end up helping others tame him before I do. Not that I mind though. :3 He's more of a 'Oh, you don't want to tame him? Well I've asked every hunter here...I guess I can tame him myself...' to me. Not that I wouldn't love him, he's just not high on my list like Zevryn was.

Oh and and the blank spaces are my 'ohh I wanna see how this pet would work' spaces. XP

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

Here are my choice picks for those long awaited 25 slots.

Top Row - Current Team :D
Last Row - Only Cata will tell
Attachments
The Current Group is the one on top :D
The Current Group is the one on top :D
grid.GIF (85.02 KiB) Viewed 869 times

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Looking over the Petopia site pictures, it's remarkable how pleasant some of the skins are when you see them close up - even bronze crab and tan scorpid, that look somewhat dull at the distance you normally encounter them in game, are remarkably elegant up close.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Options may change, but:
Gondria and Loque will be a blessing if I ever get them, even Aotona for the Parrot, but we'll see, and there's more coming! A mastiff would be beautiful to tame, be all "No, she's a purebred" and all that.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Okay, today I sat down and really gave some thought to my future stables, and I believe I finally have them sorted. ^_^ A few spaces leftover, and if we suddenly get a slough of brand new pets my 'least wanted' probably won't make the list, but as of right now here's what I have:

The very bottom row is wishful thinking, of course, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

Now most of these were not surprising as they're pets I've been meaning to get back once space allowed. There are a few additions, however, that I didn't think I would end up with but did. xD And just some notes in general on a few choices:

Sneek - My little green raptor from the Pet Tame Challenge thread, I really liked him and now I'll have to get him back.
Poe - I wasn't planning on taming a crow really, even though I liked them, but after noticing that my white vulture was named after Tim Burton, I thought it only fitting that I grab a 'raven' model and name him after another influential person to me. :)
Sesshoumaru - I'm not overly keen on naming pets after anime characters really, but in this case I had to make an exception. Sesshoumaru is a white dog demon character from Inuyasha, and admittedly one of my favourite characters of all time. I just had to allow myself this nod towards him. x)
Treasure - Since my mind started supplying a little 'story' of sorts for Kevin, I imagined that while taking his leisure time in Sholazar Basin he started crushing on this blue beauty. Now I'm finding myself wanting to tame her just so Kevin can have his girlfriend. :lol:
Nosferatu - I actually had this wind serpent a long time ago, though he was mostly forgotten. I really do like the white outland model, and I recall naming him due to his two large fangs. In any case I think I'd really like having him again, and since we have room, why not. ^^
Goliath - I wasn't originally going to grab this guy again, but I think I'm just going to go ahead. :3 He was a favourite back when 'rhino bowling' was still around, and though they nerfed his awesome ability he's still a cool pet.
Zeke - This guy will be my 'consolation' warp stalker should Gezzarak not make a return. I don't want to get attached to him just yet in the chance that a purple model shows up, but if not I'll be grabbing him.
Attachments
vephcata.PNG
vephcata.PNG (354.62 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Vephriel

Sorry for double post, hehe. x)

I figured I'd throw one together for my future Undead Hunter as well. Her name is Spiders, so I am literally going to have one of every spider model in her stables. :D

My naming scheme will try to follow each model's named or rare version. If there's no named mob with the skin I'll think of something else later. For spider models that have more than one named mob I'll pick the one I like best. ^^ The names could change depending on new spider NPCs that show up in Cataclysm. There may be more to choose from.

As you can see at the very end, since there was room leftover, I gave her a fitting ferocity and a couple tenacity pets just so I'm not completely stuck with cunning pets. :3

Attachments
spiders.PNG
spiders.PNG (325.21 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

OMG Veph! You're such a hunter nerd! :P

I kid!! <3 *scratches head* Why didn't I think of that? ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope

CHATTER! <3<3<3<3 Unfortunately, he may not have survived the Cataclysm, so that probably won't be the real one. :( But it warms my lil' hunter heart to see him. <3 *squee*

YouTube Edition

Vephriel

Yeah, unfortunately since I'll start her from scratch I won't have any way of taming rares that are extinct in Cata. If that's the case I may tame a regular version of the model and name it after an old rare, like Chatter, as a dedication to them.

Really excited about all my spiders though. x) As one of my favourite animals I'll finally have a stable full of them. ^.^
Kalliope

Orpheus is all excited about this as well. :lol: It's a really fantastic list, Veph - and so cool seeing all the spiders together like that...not just on Petopia, but as part of a real spider family! :D

YouTube Edition

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope

Yep, I tinkered again. But I also did up Kallimon's list as well. :) Oddly, both are at 17...

^
Kalliope's planned brood thus far. Not planning on making any more changes until I can actually get to taming these critters. :)

^
Kallimon's list of buddies. I realized I had too many picked out in my head to just let it go anymore. I don't have names for about half of 'em, so I just left that part off for now. There's two red corehounds to represent Beauty and The Beast. ;)
Attachments
Kalliope's 17.jpg
Kalliope's 17.jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Kallimon's 17.jpg
Kallimon's 17.jpg (68.15 KiB) Viewed 869 times

YouTube Edition

punctuation
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by punctuation »

Here's mine! I took far too long to do this. I need a life... or I need Cataclysm to hit already!

Do you think 3.9 will bring us the extended stables, or do you think we'll have to wait 'til Cataclysm for that?

Attachments
25pets.gif
25pets.gif (106.36 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Kalliope

Now that there is a fantastic naming scheme! :D <3 Interrobang. ;)

YouTube Edition