Stamina contribution - differes between tenacity of same lvl

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Stamina contribution - differes between tenacity of same lvl

Unread post by Darknez »

Hi fellow Petopians,

I was faffing around at the stable earlier on... pulling out pets and putting them away again just to level them up etc (I've levelled so the level difference was greater than 5 for 3 pets).

Anyway... so as I noticed Midas (a golden worm) had no talents yet, I quickly put a few down for it. Then I pulled out Avalanche (the white/blue gorilla) who had an almost identical set of talents (1 had a point in extra armour, one had a point in Boar's Speed).

I realised when I was looking at them that even though they are both tenacity, both level 69 and both had no differing talents (when it came to health/stamina) that they had completely different stamina contributions given to them by my hunter.

Anyone know why/how this happens and how I can fix it?

I've not tried logging off and on again... my typical 'IT Crowd' solution that I normally only give out during work hours... :ugeek:
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Stamina contribution - differes between tenacity of same lvl

Unread post by Tahlian »

Hrm. Both tenacity, both equally specced in regards to stamina/health...have you tried dismissing and resummoning each pet? I know each time I dismount and my pet appears, it goes from half health to its base health, then up to its health as affected by talents after a couple of seconds. That might solve your problem.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

I've tried swapping them between the stable master - but not physically dismissing him from my side and calling him in again.
I'll have another look later.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I'd be very interested in seeing your results. I only have one tenacity pet at the moment, the spirit of Atha, and I've noticed that she's squishy as nothing compared to tenacity pets I've had in the past. Drives me bonkers. My ferocity pets seem to last longer than her!!!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Could be just how it's reading your gear, maybe try mounting/dismounting or something. I'm not really sure.

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Sorry guys but I don't think it was anything exciting. This morning I tested it again and everything is as expected - the same for both of them.

However it was very late last night - and if I remember correctly now, there was a priest in the area that quite possibly buffed the pet I had out at the time - hence the difference in stamina between the 2 tenacity pets!
Doh :(
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Darknez wrote:Sorry guys but I don't think it was anything exciting. This morning I tested it again and everything is as expected - the same for both of them.

However it was very late last night - and if I remember correctly now, there was a priest in the area that quite possibly buffed the pet I had out at the time - hence the difference in stamina between the 2 tenacity pets!
Doh :(
Haha, no worries. :lol:

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Haha! But no worries, I've totally done that before with other chars.

"But I had WAY more health yesterday when I was questing with my fr--oh. Right. Priest. Hur hur."

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kalasha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Karazhan, Terenas

Unread post by Kalasha »

Kudos on naming your blue/white gorilla 'Avalanche' btw.

I did the exact same thing :)