Larger or smaller than normal pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Larger or smaller than normal pets?

Unread post by Kikanu »

I'm currently stumped with the pets I have and the ones I want.

As of now, I have a Springpaw Lynx at level 80 (it's huge as mess), Arcturis at lv 80 (also huge), and a zombie wolf at 77 (very small). I want large and tiny pets, not generic sizes.

So far, I know the following ones;
Most cats, cause they get huge
all spirit beasts
Sapphire Hive Wasp
all Northrend worms
Devilsaurs

As for small, there's only wasps and regular wolves.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: Larger or smaller than normal pets?

Unread post by Ryno »

I suppose spiders are pretty small compared to other pets. Ravagers too, pretty small. And boars... oh and scorpids.

Worms are pretty big pets. Pretty much all exotics are huge. Rhinos, chimaeras, core hounds, etc.

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

The "normal" (i.e., pre BC, non-spiky) spider bodies seem to scale somewhat normally. However, the "spiky" spiders like Zarakh and the ones in Drak'Theron Keep all seem not to scale terribly much and wind up appearing tiny, even at 80. So if you have an open slot, you could always go to Outland and pick one up and see if the size suits you.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

See... I have issues with larger pets. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but trying to click for loot/click to target around a Rhino or Chimaera is not an easy thing. I haven't tried Corehound, but the T-Rex wasn't too bad.

When I first started playing wow back in classic, I dreamed of one day taming a thunder lizard as they just looked so damn cool. I was disappointed when I found they weren't tamable. I tried the Rhino when LK came out, but good gravy, its a mess to handle in tight quarters and sometimes for clicking on loot/targets. We almost need our biggin pets to de-spawn when not directly engaged in battle. "No! Get off the table Tenderfoot (Rhino)!! <<Crush Crush Crush>> "OK now. Be a good rhino and get off of my questgivers kidneys!" <<Squish Squish Thud>>

I wish we had something like a "Pet Scaler" we could use to enlarge or shrink our pets as we wished. Getting a bigger pet used to mean something back in classic because just getting to 60 was an achievement (first 60, first year of wow). Now its just... not necessary.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Another thing to think about isn't just size, but pet placement. I mean even if the birds or wasps are small, they're still hovering in mid-air, and that tends to get in the way anyway.

Something low-slung would probably be more fitting if you're looking for a small pet. Something like scorpids or crabs, which are pretty flat.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons