Problems with Nuramoc

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Problems with Nuramoc

Unread post by Darknez »

Just a query.. I've only noticed it on Nuramoc, but I've not tried other Chimaera to see if she's the odd one out. :?:

Basically, Nuramoc will engage in battle but not always use her's special attacks. Some times she will use the frost breath attack, and thats it... other times she fights as any pet.

Typically, I have to force a pet attack before she fights as normal again.
It is quite irritating as obviously she forgets to growl and then I end up in possible danger! :o
Saturo

Re: Problems with Nuramoc

Unread post by Saturo »

It's called the Growl bug, and it happens to spells that are'nt on your pets actionbar. They randomly flip themselves on and off. It happens to all pets.

Ironically, it came into existance when Blizzard fixed a non-related bug.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Hmm that would explain it then, because her pet attacks I've changed around a bit.. however as the other pets have a number of attacks available (and not just growl, cower, dash etc) they must keep fighting ok?

Seems a bit odd though.. and I've still not witnessed my other pets fighting without using any focus.

I assume theres no fix that we can apply?
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I thought, this issue has been attended to long ago!
I had my cat always going back to stealth mode. It wouldn't stay switched off.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Nope, it's still there. I can't keep Ghost Saber out without him being transparent!
And even tough I turn off his extra transparency, he still randomly uses it, mostly when I zone, at relogs or /reloadui.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

This still sometimes happens to me with Cower. I think this is ironic; didn't they completely change Cower with the last patch? Why couldn't they just fix the bug while they were at it?

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I've tamed Nuramoc, and I never noticed this.

However, when I did teach the pet Wolverine Bite, I noticed it not using almost any special abilities. I turned Wolverine Bite off, and it started using focus like normal. That could be it too.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Wolverine bite requires quite a bit of focus, right?

Maybe he's just "saving" focus, like pets do when having Growl and such on too...

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

saturo wrote:Wolverine bite requires quite a bit of focus, right?

Maybe he's just "saving" focus, like pets do when having Growl and such on too...
I've seen the pet have full focus, not using anything then. He's just so much more effective if I turn it off.

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Yes she does use wolverine bite... and that is probably one attack she does when I notice she stops doing any further special attacks.
Focus builds up to max, and still no other special attacks - just white damage attacks.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

After doing a quick Google for - Wolverine Bite bug - I found a number of other people either mentioning or discussing it...
Oh well.. Numaroc (which I finally settled on a name of Xenomorph!) will have to remain stabled.

I'll deal with mobs with my Spirit Beast bear (name of Artrius) and my newly acquired Northrend worm -Entozoan (which replaced my old Gold worm Midas (mainly due to not being bothered with levelling up the under-used old worm))

Maybe one day Blizzard fill fix Wolverine Bite (and any other pet abilities that can cause this issue).
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Just read about something that fixed this for a guy on my old guilds forums.

Basically, try turning off Bite, Smack or Claw (the SPAM moves).

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

and then turning them back on again... or do I lose those abilities forever?

If it's just to fix it as and when it happens - I can get by, by manually using one of the pets abilities. That usually kicks it back into gear, and fights normally again for x number of mobs...

Unfortunately I fear a proper fix can only be undertaken by the powers that be... (in this case, Blizzard!). :)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Pray to the great GM in the sky!

"Oh great GM in the sky, please acknowledge our plead for help, while thy sitteth there, on thy holy spaceship. We beg of thou, to fix this bug!"
Copied from the official forums, but I'm far too embarrased to admit that I've been there. What do you mean I just said it!? That does'nt count!