Taming a beast quicker; how to?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Taming a beast quicker; how to?

Unread post by Kikanu »

I'm looking for some assistance on decreasing the cast time for Tame Beast, as my friend has recently been ninja'd of his Arcturis by a fellow Alliance hunter who was jealous (he distracting shot + tame, but I killed the bear to stop the thief). I remember a while back that the cast time could be shortened to less than 2 seconds (IE, for the spirit wolf), but I cannot find that tip anywhere.

Being as how we're both 80's, we have access to everything pre-ICC, and we're both rich enough to afford most things that aren't over 6k.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Saturo

Re: Taming a beast quicker; how to?

Unread post by Saturo »

Potion of Haste, Berserking (the effect, available from various trinkets, and of course the racial), switch to a special set of +Haste gear, haste gems, various enchants, Windfury totem (I think windfury is the casting speed one).

All I can think of ATM.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Wow, quick response lol. What kind of gemmable haste gear is available easily? I have a 440 leatherworker alt and a BS/JC alt, so gemming is no problem, but I don't know what to make in terms of gear, if applicable.

Otherwise, working on that stuff now
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

No idea what gear gives haste, I think you'll just have to scour your crafting list.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

engi is nice for it to due to haste boost you can add on gloves ofc haste pots ... you can go with another player that gives you haste but due to my many king krush fails they might over arggo unless your 100% sure they will sit still ><
some mail gear does give haste tbh yeah your 80 but you dont wanna be taking hits in cloth gear

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Tsukiko
Realm: Chromaggus

Unread post by Tsukiko »

It was never possible to tame in two seconds.

What you are probably thinking of is the Mystical Skyfire Diamond. It reduced the cast time of your next spell by half.

This got you to 10 seconds cast time. Additional hate gear/spells were required to knock off an extra three seconds.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Bloodlust (Edit: or Heroism) is or at least was also a massive decrease in time iirc.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Acherontia wrote:Bloodlust (Edit: or Heroism) is or at least was also a massive decrease in time iirc.
Yeah, it helps a lot when I've had a shammy to help me.

The mystical gem mentioned, that's how most people got their tame fast enough for the spirit wolf. I believe you had to get the tame down to 4 seconds.