Mazz'ranache

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kamchatka
Realm: Shadowmoon

Mazz'ranache

Unread post by Kamchatka »

So what is the deal with Mazz'ranache? I love the look - does he/she have any strengths?
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Mazz'ranache

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

The NPC uses a poison attack, which is kinda cool. Sadly once you tame Mazz, you lose it.

Dust Cloud is the tallstrider attack, so it's Mazzranache's ability as well. It can be useful if you time it right and stop very damaging attacks, even in raids. But it does take some work to get the timing right and you probably can't just leave it on autocast for something as specific as that.

They're also ferocity, so they'll do more damage then other pets if you spec them right. That includes Mazz!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Kamchatka wrote:he/she
Just nitpicking, but in the wild, Mazz is actually a guy.

There's a quest the horde does, and it talks about him. Here's the text:

My grandfather told me stories about his battles with a strider named Mazzranache. He told me of its demonic red eyes, razor-sharp talons and venomous bite.

As fortune would have it, while traveling across the plains, I encountered it, and it took a nasty bite from my shoulder. He was as terrible as my grandfather described. I will need some hard-to-find animal parts to clean the infection from his bite: a wolf heart, cougar femur, plainstrider scale and swoop gizzard.

Hurry, time is of the essence.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think Mazz is frequently mistaken as a female due to his vivid pink colouring. Naturally that would provoke an instinctively feminine impression to most people, but when you look at any bird species in real life it tends to be the males that have brilliant plumage whereas the females are often drab and colourless. :)
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

With Mazz being a ferocity pet and with a dust cloud ability I can see some epic humiliation in BGs and arenas as people go 'WTF?! I just got killed by a FLAMINGO!!"
We don't die. We multiply.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Dulanie wrote:With Mazz being a ferocity pet and with a dust cloud ability I can see some epic humiliation in BGs and arenas as people go 'WTF?! I just got killed by a FLAMINGO!!"
Ryno wrote:He told me of its demonic red eyes, razor-sharp talons and venomous bite.
There seems to be some difference on how Mazz is viewed by NPCs and players. :lol:

Kamchatka
Realm: Shadowmoon

Unread post by Kamchatka »

Think I am going to take the trip to tame Mazz tonight. What will I name him?

Will he just be Mazz?

I will most likely get a crab and name him Concho.