Red Core Hound, still burning?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Razorup
Realm: Crushridge

Red Core Hound, still burning?

Unread post by Razorup »

I have been messing around with a 5th pet to fill my stable, and I have always loved the Red Core Hound. I had originally tamed one back when the content patch in TBC was released for WOTLK. The thumping never bothered me...but the burning, oh the burning! Get anywhere close to the red core hound and it sounded like you were in a wind tunnel. It broke my heart but I eventually released him, for there was no way I could play with him sounding like that. I tried again almost a year later to the same result.

Maybe it's time to give him another shot? Does anyone know if the MC red core hounds (or the beast) still have that burning roar, or has that been fixed to come in line with the other core hounds in the game?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Red Core Hound, still burning?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, I actually enjoy the sound. :D It's like being beside a warm, comforting fireplace. xD

Bad news for you, though, the red corehounds still have that sound effect.
Razorup
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Razorup »

Damn, thanks though. In this case Blizz has to do one of two things: Either get rid of that roar....or make Murlocs tameable!!! I don't care if they're humanoid, I still want one.
Mintmazzo
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Mintmazzo »

There is ONE thing you could do....

sounds in wow are replaceable. I have a silencer sound effect for gun shots for instance... If you found the sound file that causes that roar, you could replace it with a silent one or something else. Maybe just edit the sound file for its decibel level. Probably would take a lot of work, mainly in just finding the correct file, not so much in the fixing it. One other thing you should remember is there is a chance this file could be used for fire in other locations in the game too. Maybe.