Would You Tame a Talbuk?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Would You Tame a Talbuk?

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I was in Nagrand the other day and I remembered hearing that Zhevra's may become tameable in Cat. If this turns out to be true it may open the way for other horse-like creatures in game. So I was wondering if Talbuks would appeal to you guys? I've always thought they were one of the most beautiful mounts I'd love to have one as a pet.
Saturo

Re: Would You Tame a Talbuk?

Unread post by Saturo »

Yup, but I'd prefer the Stags from Ashenvale and so forth. They are still stags, and allowing Talbuks and not the old world stags would just be weird.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

We need ungulates!
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Those stags are really cool too it'd be hard to decide between the two for me. I hope we get them.

I had to look that up Mania :lol: but now that I know yes! Ungulates all around pls!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would totally tame a Talbuk. I still have to get a Talbuk mount for my main, I just hate grinding out that rep with the Mag'har. ;_;

Heh, I totally vote for a new Ungulates group that would include giraffes, zhevra, stags, and talbuks. :D
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Yes, yes, and yes! I love Talbucks, but I really dislike grinding the rep for them. Grinding for my shiny new Netherdrake has put me off of grinding for anything at the moment. :|

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Vephriel

Ah yes...Netherdrakes...

;_;

I'm still trying for that one. I just can't do daily rep quests, I get sick of them so quickly.
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Actually Veph, most of my rep came from farming eggs. Here's a fantastic video guide for finding them. It helped me a ton - I got my Netherdrake in about 2 weeks with a mixture of questing and using this video. :D Just to tell you, the video skips the caves, so there are even more to find inside them. The route was super easy to memorize as well.

It might be slightly different, depending on your realm's population - Netherwing Ledge was a ghost town for all of my grinding.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah the netherdrakes can be done in no time if you know where to look for the eggs. I got mine in a week, by heading in when I noticed most people were busy in Ulduar. :D

Anyway, back on topic: when I first rolled my draenei hunter, I saw the white stags in Azuremyst and said "when I can tame pets, that's the first one I'm getting!" That rearing attack they do just rocks. Imagine how my heart broke when I went to tame one and got the message that "lol u suck noob"... ;_; I had to kill my intended pet!!! D:

So yes please, ungulates. Come to think of it, I'd probably love having a talbuk pet too... :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel

Wow, thanks for the tip Kamalia! I'll certainly try it out when I get home. Watching it once seems a little confusing, I have a terrible sense of direction so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to memorize it. xD But hopefully it will make my rep grind a little faster. :)
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

This was my route:

Head in through that first village with the group quest to kill the dragon (the one that unlocks the dailies). Check all the towers, the stables, the two rooms behind the sleeping dragon, and on the ground (iirc, there was a cart that had a spawn and a pen with baby netherdrakes that also had an egg on occasion).

Then head over to the "island" - circle all the hill tops, the eggs either spawn on top or around the crystals at the bottom of the hills.

Head into the mines (pick up the quests at the same time!). Run down the train tracks, then where they split in the big room, head left. Go into the area with the scythewhatchamacallits. Check all the alcoves. I'd usually get 4-5 in that area. After that, you can run through the rest of the mine, but mainly, the eggs were in that area.

As I left, I'd circle the "island" again and check the village over on the "mainland" once more.

No time, I tell ya!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

I'd kill for a tan talbuk to match my favorite mount.

And thank you tons for the video--looks like it'll be a huge help! I too can't stand dailies, which is why I haven't even gotten my squire yet from the Argent Tournament--no motivation. D:
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I would so get a talbuk :D They are very pretty. I especially love the blue ones, but the tan one is my favorite mount.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

YES ! always wanted one and i also would love a wanity pet one aswell the best goats in wow imo was the first faction i farmed intensly to gain rep with just for the mounts

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

nope. wouldn't get a zhevra either
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I've wanted one but it would look silly next to a mount talbuk. I'd like a Clefthoof from Nagrand instead, they could be like rhinos....D:

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

As much as I love my talbuk mount I'd have to say no, unless, they let them keep their size.
Artume
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wildhammer EU

Unread post by Artume »

Yaone wrote:As much as I love my talbuk mount I'd have to say no, unless, they let them keep their size.
I'm just the opposite: I wouldn't want one if they retained their size, or remained even close to it. I love the mounts to bits and grind the Kurenai faction on every toon I can just to get one, but they are extremely big. The knock-back would be a great attack, but I rate them up there with rhinos for potential view-blocking capacity, especially when they rear up.

OT, I'm surprised how many peeps here prefer the tan ones, because I do as well. They are all beautiful, but tan just looks most natural. Must be inherent hunter love for camouflage. ;)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Talbuk would be nice I suppose. I'm not crazy over them.

And I totally read the first line of the first post, and thought "Why would talbuks be considered cats?"

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I prefer the stags as well :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig