Pets for different situations?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
docseuzz

Pets for different situations?

Unread post by docseuzz »

Now that stable pet is on a 5-minute cooldown - it's definitely feasible to mix-n-match pets for fights... What I was thinking is to have the following pets:

single-target dps - boss fights - right now I use a devilsaur or a spirit beast- mostly because I happen to tame one and don't want to give him up.
Alternates:cat/raptor/wolf

Tanking - soloing - I pretty much just use a bear - any tanking pet will suffice.

Here's the fun part - should I have a separate pet for burning through trash mobs? I'm thinking either to do a dps-talented bear for swipe/thunderstomp:
http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#0sdbh0hzf0oM

or, taking a look at the only other pet w/ aoe damage abilities,
a sporebat:
http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#ckdc00fh0Mk0b
Lilandre
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow (US

Re: Pets for different situations?

Unread post by Lilandre »

Gotta love sporecloud, its like an aoe Faerie fire <3 Wolves are kinda a jack of all trades when it comes to pve but sporebats can boost all physical damage done by everyone else so its a fair tradeoff.
Carrion birds can save druid and warrior tanks a little rage and a gcd with their debuff, and tallstriders can make all enemies withing 10 feet miss an attack, though they dont really add much to aoe dps.

Lil, What does beast lore say about its armor rating?
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

docseuzz

Unread post by docseuzz »

Of course, the big PITA is to have to level a sporebat up from 75... :(
Lilandre
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow (US

Unread post by Lilandre »

Not so bad now. Just run a few heroics, but switch to a lvl 80 pet for harder ones or if your told to.

Lil, What does beast lore say about its armor rating?
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

docseuzz wrote:Of course, the big PITA is to have to level a sporebat up from 75... :(
I leveled my Chimaera to 80 from 75 quite fast, it surprised me. I just farmed some gorillas and other beasts in Sholazar. Maybe 3 hours combined time tops? It didn't take long at all.